CR Nozzle Compatibility

1stgensleeper

Doing some research, I ran across a thread where Weston stated that an LLY Duramax nozzle would work better than an 03-04 CR nozzle with the later 04.5-07 wide bowl Pistons. If this is the case, does an LLY nozzle fit a cummins injector body without modifications? Are there other Duramax nozzles that will also work on cummins injector bodies? This has intrigued me greatly and I'm very curious to know.

Here's a link to the tread I am referring to:

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127450

For everyone's info, a Duramax nozzle will work on a cummins injector body as long as it's the same needle size and basic design according to Weston. Now I'm curious to see if there's any gains to be had in using them. Anyone have some spare LLY nozzles?

What setup are you running now?

Double check the nozzle diameter, for some reason I was thinking lb7s were bigger because of the injector cups.

Is it worth it? Prob not, but if you get them cheap enough, maybe.

Currently stock but am looking to run a 75/96/1.10 t6 single with a fully built manual vb trans. Want to keep stock internals.

On another note I found out from Weston that the lb7 uses a 9mm shank and will not fit in my head. I guess LLY is the only year that will work but he says it won't work well with the 04.5-07 Pistons.

Last edited:
Back