Instrumentation Failure

brucer

My buddy has an Edge Juice tuner on his 01 24 valve and his dash gauges quit working. It worked fine when he shut it off and when he started it they dont move at all. The warning lights and the back lighting all works on the dash. The odometer readout says "no buS" and the readout above the windshield says "Ccd" Any ideas?

My buddy has an Edge Juice tuner on his 01 24 valve and his dash gauges quit working. It worked fine when he shut it off and when he started it they dont move at all. The warning lights and the back lighting all works on the dash. The odometer readout says "no buS" and the readout above the windshield says "Ccd" Any ideas?

Well the first and easiest thing to do besides checking fuses would be to take both batteries in to your local auto parts store and have them put a load test on the batteries.

Had that problem on mine. Contacts on the back of the gauges were dirty. Pulled the cluster shot them with contact cleaner and it's been fine ever since.

^^^ x2.

Seems to be a bit of a recurring issue on some Dodge / Chrysler vehicles. Had the exact same problem on my 2000 Jeep. Pulled the cluster, cleaned the contacts, and no problem since. Though I've not experienced the problem on my Dodge, I pulled the cluster and cleaned the contacts as a little preventative maintenance...

Easiest way would be to find another PCM from an 01 or 02 Truck and plug it in and see if you get a No-bus signal. Same year would be best but I think an 02 will work just as well. Doesn't matter if it's for the same transmission for the purpose of testing.

It ain't your PCM or ECM....at least I'd bet on that. If it says NO bus, you have a dirty connector somewhere. Pull them all and clean them.

Here's your bus connections on an '01.

OverheadConsole.jpg

Also check where the Edge is connected to the ECM diag plug. If it is spliced, it may be shorted or cut the wire and your gauges can't get CAN data from the ECM. I would guess you'd have more trouble than that if it was shorted (like not running at all), but you can check it anyway.

Last edited:
It ain't your PCM or ECM....at least I'd bet on that. If it says NO bus, you have a dirty connector somewhere. Pull them all and clean them.

Here's your bus connections on an '01.

OverheadConsole.jpg

Also check where the Edge is connected to the ECM diag plug. If it is spliced, it may be shorted or cut the wire and your gauges can't get CAN data from the ECM. I would guess you'd have more trouble than that if it was shorted (like not running at all), but you can check it anyway.

I'm sure he'll be glad to hear that :) Unfortunately I just get a little red 'X' where I expect you posted a picture or something - is there somewhere I could get that picture for him? Thanks!

Dealer soaked me for a pcm since thats what the computer screen told them was wrong... Didnt fix it, tried a cluster nope, turns out one of the pins was dirty and slightly pushed out in the harness going to the PCM.... So 800 bucks later I decided it was time to start fixing my own sh*t and that was oh about 10 years ago and still havnt gone to a dealer yet

Here's a direct link. Maybe you can see this one.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn36/4x4dually/Pickup/Tech%20Info/OverheadConsole.jpg

If it don't work, PM me an email address and I'll just send you the file.

Last edited:
Back