4.10 with 35s or what

2001cummins

Costly
I am currently changing my bad d70 out with a d80 and was going to take out the 3.54s and put in 4.10. It will be driven on the street and sled pull maybe a hand full of times. I am looking for information about if I could run 3rd gear with the tq converter locked with running 35s. Or what others had success with.

I have 35 with 4.10..doesnt work the engine hard enough towing and the converter and shift points are all f'd up. goes into od too soon ..lugs the engine and falls off the turbo all the time...mines almost always towing..heavy schidt so it isn't optimum..thought it would be better but the shifting and the lockup points not so good

also the et dropped at the track..idk how but my theory is it doesn't pull as hard since the engine is revving quicker..idk..

I could be full of schidt tho...

4.10 with 35 takes some low rpm or high hp like 1200 hp . Never seen much success with that gear 4.88 is normally the gear of choice

If still a VP truck, they may well be about ideal. Only need 3k-3500rpm at most for a VP.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I don't tow, by the way. Previous owner installed the 4.10's and said he loved them for heavy hauling.

Back