Firepunk Anteater

mopar440cu

Knowledge Seeker
Anyone using this? If so, do you like it? I have a 01 3500 that I tow with for my company that has a Suncoast built 47RE with billet input and flexplate. I was wondering if this would help aide my towing capabilities for the company. I tow a 16' pull behind with aluminum extrusion for residential/commercial building.
Any thoughts would be appreciated!

What are you trying to achieve with a stand-alone controller?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am looking for more control of the torque converter when it locks for pulling purposes. The added ability to change shift points is nice, but it’s fine now. I figure with a controller it might reduce egt’s pulling.

I mean yes it will work and achieve your goals perfectly. But you also may benefit more from a lockup switch than spending the coin for a stand-alone

I mean yes it will work and achieve your goals perfectly. But you also may benefit more from a lockup switch than spending the coin for a stand-alone

I understand I could put a type of Mystery Switch" in it, but with the wife and employees driving it, I rather not! LOL :bangThey wont pay attention to the switch to unlock it after they lock it.:poke: I am sure you understand that's not good for the transmission. So, I must turn to a box that is more auto for this application at hand.

I have one. I have had it installed for a couple weeks and Im switching to a PCS controller. There are a lot of people running them that love them... It has not worked well for my application. I change what Im doing with the truck too much and I spend to much time in mountains. If you decide you want to give it a shot let me know. I will make you a good deal.

I have one. I have had it installed for a couple weeks and Im switching to a PCS controller. There are a lot of people running them that love them... It has not worked well for my application. I change what Im doing with the truck too much and I spend to much time in mountains. If you decide you want to give it a shot let me know. I will make you a good deal.

What does it do that you don’t like? Out of curiosity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Steve!

(I also sent this message in PM.) Thanks for the interest in the Anteater. It sounds like your looking for a controller to manage the torque converter actuation points more finely than the OEM PCM. While the Anteater is well-suited to handle standalone applications, I don't know that it's the best solution to your specific issue. I'm left wondering if a lower stall TC or possibly different rear end gears would be a better option than moving around the lockup and shift points.

Hey Steve!

(I also sent this message in PM.) Thanks for the interest in the Anteater. It sounds like your looking for a controller to manage the torque converter actuation points more finely than the OEM PCM. While the Anteater is well-suited to handle standalone applications, I don't know that it's the best solution to your specific issue. I'm left wondering if a lower stall TC or possibly different rear end gears would be a better option than moving around the lockup and shift points.

What do you know about this crap?

Back