I want shop pictures..

big_bran

so with my fummins just about finsihed, and many other projects/ ideas in mind. Im thinking of building a shop.

We are thinking something along the lines of 40x60x??. It will be wood framed, because thats what i know how to do and it seems affordable. of coarse 4000-4500 concrete with rebar on 12" no fiber. Just looking for some layout ideas. maybe some exterior ideas.

Got land to put it on. Just want some ideas. Im sure there is plenty of others that would love to see some shop pictures!

So those of you that dont mind sharing, Let us see some shops!

Engineer it and build it stout enough to have a bridge crane, even if it's a pull around on rollers. When my dad built the shop we use, he engineered it for a bridge crane. Nothing fancy, just a wood frame like you're wanting to do. Install a drain in the center and slope the floor toward it.
Also, (if funds allow) build an attached carport in front or behind the building so you have a place to temporarily put things out of the shop but under a roof.

Will you be painting in the shop?

Engineer it and build it stout enough to have a bridge crane, even if it's a pull around on rollers. When my dad built the shop we use, he engineered it for a bridge crane. Nothing fancy, just a wood frame like you're wanting to do. Install a drain in the center and slope the floor toward it.
Also, (if funds allow) build an attached carport in front or behind the building so you have a place to temporarily put things out of the shop but under a roof.

Will you be painting in the shop?

Oh yeah for sure bridge crane is already a huge part of the plan. as a matter of fact it is one of the main reasons I want to build a shop!

We are looking into doing a frame off 60s f100 2wd with a cummins. i also have a few business thoughts. but back to the subject.

yes i will paint the shop. and def front and back carports atleast back.

Our 7200 sqft shop that we work out of. It's an older quonset hut type building.
8upygyry.jpg
yrynyhuz.jpg

You can see my apartment on the right in the lower photo

537717_10151016205190850_681496778_n.jpg

326417_10151264979370850_1733599773_o.jpg

That red bucket is the center for reference.

What he said. :D We've got some big-ass fans for the summer though!

I live at mine too. :D My apartment is the upstairs addition you can see in my 6th pic.

Iam in arizona..! gonna take a bit more than big as fans! but i do love the lay out! I am kinda leaning towards a small apartment while i build a house!

just out of curiousity it looks most guys are building theres out of steel. is there any real advantages to this??

price wise i was leaning towards wood being cheaper, easier to insulate, simpler to finish an apartment in. But i built wood frame homes for 5 years. so my opinoin may be biased.

i am in arizona and i can imagine steel getting hot in a hurry during the summer...

Back