Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Pit Area- OFF TOPIC FORUMS > The Swap Meet > For Sale > General Diesel
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Diesel General Diesel For Sale Forum.

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 09:43 PM   #1
Billysgoat

Name: Billysgoat
Title: The ANTI-BLING!
Member`s Gallery
Sale or Trade, NIssan SD22 engine and tranny

Like it says, I have a Nissan SD22 I-4 diesel for sale, I bought it for a project that I'm going a different route with so no sense keeping it.

Came out of a Datsun diesel PU that I rode several miles in, ran great. The guy who had the truck decided to replace the cab since his was rusted and never finished, hence I got the motor and a few other odds and ends. Motor has been sitting for several years, but is NOT locked up, checked it just today, add fuel and it will crank. No clue on the mileage, over 50k since rebuild, that I know. If wanted I have two trannys to go with it, one is a shot diesel unit, the other is a good gasser unit to replace all the guts in the diesel unit with. Both are 5spd manuals and the internals from the gas unit will slide right in the diesel case.

$500 gets it all on a pallet ready to go, up to the purchaser beyond that.

If wanted, I have a mid 80's datsun body shell, no nothing in it, but fairly straight with a load of parts in the bed, add $50 and it's yours as well.

03 Dog, named Clifford, to heavy to be fast.
11 335D, the grin machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
I was there & I herd Heath say.........."LET GO OF MY EARS, I KNOW WHAT I`M DOING"

BTB,BBB

Old 01-11-2009, 05:24 PM   #2
Billysgoat

Member`s Gallery
Forgot to mention, I'll take trades on just about anything of value if it rates high enough on my "neato" scale, tools, truck parts, guns, girlfriends

Quote:
I was there & I herd Heath say.........."LET GO OF MY EARS, I KNOW WHAT I`M DOING"

BTB,BBB

Old 01-11-2009, 05:51 PM   #3
Sledpuller

Name: Sledpuller
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Is that the same block style as the 6 cyl in the Scouts?

Bosch pump?
Whats it weigh?
Amsoil sold here
fairtax.org
"I love it when a poser intellection drivels himself into oblivion.."Inimmo77"post Bish and quit staring at the fing screen"jponder

Old 01-12-2009, 12:07 PM   #4
Billysgoat

Member`s Gallery
Same engine family

Denso (I think, have to look tomorrow and make certain, but it is an inline style pump)

Heavy! I would guess in the 4-500lb range Gene, never weighed it but I'll see what I can dig up.

Edit: What I could find from Wikipedia..

Quote:
The SD22 is a normaly aspirated 2.2L (2164 cc) Straight 4 diesel engine. It produces 70 hp.[verification needed] It was used in the 1965-1971 Nissan Cedric It was also produced in the marine version MN 22 by Chrysler Marine after Nissan and Chrysler merged during the 1980's.

The SD22 was used in the Datsun 720 pickup trucks 1980 through 1983, producing 61 SAE brake horsepower @ 4000 rpm. The engine has three main bearings (an SD33 six minus two rear cylinders) and was never available with turbocharging like its six-cylinder derivative. In 1981, pistons were upgraded to a three ring piston with a steel compression ring carrier cast as part of the piston for improved durability.

The engine is popular in Australia utilized mostly as a reliable pump for remote livestock stations. It is also used in the Scout. To the best of my knowledge, the engine is still manufactured and imported by JESCO in California. JESCO also supplies parts. Blue Ridge Marine in Lake City, Washington, USA, 800.621.2215 handles the marine version.

Quote:

BTB,BBB

Old 01-18-2009, 11:52 AM   #5
Billysgoat

Member`s Gallery
Sorry it took so long Gene, it's a Kiki pump, inline 4 type.

Quote:

BTB,BBB

Old 01-21-2009, 07:10 PM   #6
toolmanoffroad

Name: toolmanoffroad
Title: Dont tread on me
Member`s Gallery
BillyGoat, you have PMs.... Bwahahahahah PMS.....

Closed Thread