Need a good tranny builder in the lower mainland of B.C.

BigBadDually

So i pulled the trans pan off of my 95 cummins ram to install a trans temp gauge. Well while i was in there i found something i didnt want to... Lots of brass shavings. The only thing i could think of it being would be thrust washers, the truck only has 35,000 km on it and has never seen any hard work. No fibers in the pan, oil was good not burnt, tranny shifts and feels fine but is a ticking time bomb now :bang

So i need some opinions on tranny shops. I'm going to call DTT and talk to them and i am also going to call TPS. Who else should i call for a full performance build?
I'm looking for a tranny that will stand up to 1200 foot pounds of torque and handle towing, passes down the 1/4 mile and some dyno pulls on a regular basis.

Any help is much appreciated.

um the trust washer may not be the issue bro ! sounds like your lock up clutch has been slipping a bit you might be able to slide by with a torque converter but if the trans is stock never been built i would go ahead and have it done. the trust washers are only a few and the don't really make metal (i did transmissions a few years back ) thrust washers were 90% of the time good .

Try this when you are running slow and hit lock up roll into the petal fairly hard if you feel chatter or like you are driving across a cattle guard its the converter

Try these guys....

Troyan Performance Specialties Inc
604-702-1050
8551 Aitken Road,
Chilliwack, BC V2R 3W8

I know they build bulletproof Ford trannies, not sure if they build Dodge trannies or not, if they don't they would know who to send you to. Steve has helped quite a few guys in our club, and has top notch customer service.

Back