Converter bolts?

Mopar_tom

Hey guys just a quick question I can't seem to find an answer to anywhere to spite all my searching. I recently broke my input shaft on my transmission so now that it's out I added a whole bunch of goodies to it, the only question I have now is what to use for bolts in the torque coverter? I have a billet triple disc and billet flex plate from Goerand. Will the added thickness from the billet flex plate require me to get new longer bolts or not? Truck is a 1995 2500 47rh 4x4. Thanks in advance for any help.

I would call Goerand and ask, but I would think you would want longer bolts to make up the difference in thickness.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

You can use the stock bolts ($28 at the dealership if I recall correctly). They are technically torque to yield, so you'll want new ones. I'd recommend putting red Loctite on all of them.

If you want one's that are not TTY because you're going to be removing it more often than most people, ARP sells some (I have them on mine), but they're hard to find!

I've used stock bolts on a 47re stock TC, 48re stock TC, Goerand billet triple disc, and a TransStar Recon billet triple disc and never had a single issue.

Alright I'll have to double check with goerand I already have the bolts that came with the goerand converter since that was in the truck before the input shaft blew. I just wasn't sure if switching to a thicker flex plate (goerands billet replacing my stock plate)meant getting longer bolts. I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what they say if I do need new ones I'll probably hit up the hardware store that sounds like a good plan to me, thanks for the help!

Back