Transmission Question

Ktown6.0

I can't remember
For the guys/gals that have done the swap and using the 12v TPS with an aftermarket 47re automatic transmission:

Tried adjusting my TV cable last night to change some shift patterns and nothing seems to change. After I did the swap with the stock transmission, I was able to play with the TV cable to get it where I wanted it to shift. Now it doesn't do anything. The cable is attached properly at both ends. In the event that I get it to work as I need, I'm hoping to get the transmission to downshift easier from higher gears when slowed down for traffic or making turns. As it is now, I sometimes have to turn OD off for third gear, or even pull the gear selector to 2nd if I am slow enough.

Thanks for any advice.

Ray

Shift timing should change with tv adjustment. Did you have someone work the throttle while you watched the cable at the trans just to be sure it's moving?

I did. I will, however, double check today just to be sure. As I've toyed with it quite a bit trying to feel some sort of change.

Thanks!

Thanks for the link and idea!

Sorry I'm so slow at getting back to this.

I was able to adjust the cable some more. I was going to the wrong way with the adjuster. I'm going to try the spring idea, as even just slight adjustment holds first too long, and makes part throttle down shifts around town a bit much.

Back