7.3 majot blowby, time for rebuild

Like I said, personal opinion lmao!
I've always disliked them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My dad bought a 7.3 new in 1999, he put about 250k miles on it if I remember right. My old man is the type that doesn't service or maintain anything, probably changed the oil every 20k. When I borrowed it half the time it would only tow at 55mph cause the fuel filter or air filter was so old. They are kinda weak stock but his was a tough sob, only a few cam sensors.

Easy way to tell if u have a low cylinder is unhook cam sensor and crank engine, if it skips a beat when cranking u have low compression in a cyl

This got derailed a bit soo back to it

My question is can i just replace one piston? Or would there be balancing issues? Truck isnt worth a full rebuild.

Also rick id have to disagree with you on the 7.3, before i was a fan of cummins my first truck was a 2000 f350 it had 400k on it when i bought it, and everything was bone stock from the factory except the a/c compressor and stayed that way until my tony wildman tunes killed the trans during a smokey burnout one night LOL

This got derailed a bit soo back to it

My question is can i just replace one piston? Or would there be balancing issues? Truck isnt worth a full rebuild.

Also rick id have to disagree with you on the 7.3, before i was a fan of cummins my first truck was a 2000 f350 it had 400k on it when i bought it, and everything was bone stock from the factory except the a/c compressor and stayed that way until my tony wildman tunes killed the trans during a smokey burnout one night LOL

And my answer was you need to make sure everything else is working correctly before you can even determine it needs even the one piston.
Yea I know I always here the same old song and dance. The only reason they last that long is they've had 80 injectors, and are too weak to tear themselves up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back