Topside creeper

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Does anyone have experience with multiple brands of topside creepers? And can steer me in the best way to go?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Leaning over a fender is a pain in the ribs. We have a cheaper one in the shop. Under 400 I think. It's way more comfortable for extended lean sessions. It does kill my lower back after awhile, but I'm old.

I have one from Harbor freight, it's actually pretty decent.

I wouldn't recommend it for someone like 300lbs, but it holds my fat ass fine.

Our mechanic at work has a Traxion brand and he loves it, he is literally using it right now on a 2002 7.3L Ford. I believe I ordered it from the ToolWeb catalog.

Ours is from Matco. Very nice. I bought it mostly for working on 6 liters when they were the fad but they are mostly gone thank god. It still gets used regularly.

I’ve been eyeballing them. Trying to upgrade my step stool. Harbor freight will probably get my money haha

I have the Traxion and I wouldn't want to live without it, even when working on a first gen that has enough space to allow me to stand on the frame and sit on the fender while working on the engine.

Ours is from Matco. Very nice. I bought it mostly for working on 6 liters when they were the fad but they are mostly gone thank god. It still gets used regularly.
Ha that was the whole reason I had mine to do a oil cooler on a lifter 6.slo

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Back