CAD Models

I thought about how great it'd be to grab those when I worked there. Then I weighed the cons (being fired, lawsuit, money, jail time, etc...) and decided not to. ;-)

If you come across some, please share though.

It would be cool to have the time to set down and take one apart piece by piece and model all the parts. Ain't nobody got time fer dat! LOL

Surely someone has one. If there is a jpeg online....there is an model...not sure what flavor this one is.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Cummins Motor.JPG
    Cummins Motor.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
It wouldn't be too hard if you were just draw one up as solid pieces. Like the entire block is one part, head another, valve cover, oil pan ect. without any real detail in actual function of the engine. More just for building a chassis around for example.
Getting into rotating assemblies, valve train, oil and cooling passages would be the time consuming and difficult part.

I would think you would only have to ask Cummins and let on like you are a prospective manufacturer. Not too much trouble you can get in with models of an existing engine.

It's the proprietary ones they send assassins for....

I think the one above is a loose interpretation of a 3176/3196 CAT

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

It wouldn't be too hard if you were just draw one up as solid pieces. Like the entire block is one part, head another, valve cover, oil pan ect. without any real detail in actual function of the engine. More just for building a chassis around for example.
Getting into rotating assemblies, valve train, oil and cooling passages would be the time consuming and difficult part.

Yes, exactly what I am looking for. I believe some manufacturers supply these as they are not good at all for production of the engine but needed for modeling in the chassis, equipment, etc. Just need good motor mount locations, overall dimensions, etc.

Tobin

I thought about how great it'd be to grab those when I worked there. Then I weighed the cons (being fired, lawsuit, money, jail time, etc...) and decided not to. ;-)

If you come across some, please share though.

As one that works for a OEM, I know they sure don't like that...LOL

Tobin

With 47,000+ members here, one would think that someone here would have access to a 3D scanner large enough to set an engine in and let it go to town.

Back