New truck project

It's a hogan OMG Cooler. List price is 2000$. Honestly worth every penny
We got the bed clean and stripped of the bed liner ect today. Hopefully have fuel and brake line in tomorrow

Welds look a little boogery for that kinda coin

Welds look a little boogery for that kinda coin

Yea it's one of those things. Have to deal with those when it's arguably the best cooler on the market that's a drop in. It's hard to get real info on custom coolers as well. I can deal with it. It's beautiful in person

I run the same Hogan, have had to weld up cracks on it a few times. I drilled out the threaded inserts in the rad support and thrue bolt it with bolts and lock nuts which leave it where it can move a little, the bolts are holding it in place not bolted down tight. Also made thicker rubber bushings for the lower pin mounts that flex more. Solved my cracking issues.

This one actually goes the other way, it has machined pins that eliminate the bushing at the lower core support

Mines the exact same as yours, the two u-shaped tabs where it bolts to the rad support are what I was talking about leaving loose one way or another solved my cracking issue. Just don't want you to have any problems, sucks having to have it welded on with what they cost.

Mines the exact same as yours, the two u-shaped tabs where it bolts to the rad support are what I was talking about leaving loose one way or another solved my cracking issue. Just don't want you to have any problems, sucks having to have it welded on with what they cost.

The bottom of yours has no bushing?

Yes, has a peg the stock bushing fits over. What I did was drill out the thread inserts in the rad support that the 10mm bolts go into, the ones that go thrue the u-shaped tabs on the side and use bolts with nuts to hold the cooler in place but not so tight it can't move and flex a little. Not a cracked weld since.

My charge pipes are all v-band with a boot at the intercooler inlet and exit only. Might be the reason it was cracking, letting the cooler float some in its mounts worked well.

Yes, has a peg the stock bushing fits over. What I did was drill out the thread inserts in the rad support that the 10mm bolts go into, the ones that go thrue the u-shaped tabs on the side and use bolts with nuts to hold the cooler in place but not so tight it can't move and flex a little. Not a cracked weld since.

I understood what you were getting at lol no worries. I will show you what I was referring to. Mine no longer has that peg for the stock bushing. Will take picture shortly

Anything new on this?

Yes, I have been really busy helping a buddy with his 7.70 truck so mine is kinda on the back burner. That and me and the lady friend parted ways so I don't have as much expendable income. With that said
Engine is done and injectors are here.
Lyn at fire punk is fabbing my turbo piping.
Fuel cell is in and secured.
Frame is cleaned and painted.
It's ready to get lowered just need a few buddy's to help.
Trans is getting all parts swapped from a rh to an re so I can run a anteater in the future.
Basically I need to assemble and order my drive shafts. I also want to trade out this 271 I have for a 241 to cut weight

Well I have a few updates on the progress. Me and my now ex have parted ways so my time and finances have caused this to slow down a tad. Not done with it though.
Truck has been lowered. 4in in the rear. Hoping to cut a coil sometime this week of possible.
3b748cbd0bf2c67700cd4b03927bbade.jpg

Amazed how low it's sitting.
Turbo/ piping are done. Lyn did an awesome Job, this setup is different than most, and he was very patience with me.
fa6428df75dcd40b947192866582f35e.jpg
6948d3926620ae8253034acfd2683f4e.jpg
ed6b57638f0ffab9059cd307f573770d.jpg
f18acc37807f306089a2ec76b5d6bbed.jpg

Picked up a 241 for 150 bucks and sold the 271. Just need to throw a chain in it for good measure.
Not likely but I will do what I can to make passes this year. It's only $$ right.

Those compounds look sweet.
Don't rush it. It may just be me, but the misery of building something is 80% of the fun.

What is the Garrett secondary? Don't remember seeing what it was in the thread.

It's a 4094r, I was suggested to run it because it should live longer than an s300. Got a really good deal on it. I am very garret dumb so we shall see how it does.

Those compounds look sweet.
Don't rush it. It may just be me, but the misery of building something is 80% of the fun.

I agree with you, I enjoy building and tweaking and making it how I want. I have some outside pressure to finish it. It's been hard to hold that off. Just friends trying to help. It needs water before I really let it loose.

It's a 4094r, I was suggested to run it because it should live longer than an s300. Got a really good deal on it. I am very garret dumb so we shall see how it does.

Cool. Interested to see as I have an s300 under my s4t. Seems to be doing alright. Wish I would have bought the .83 t4 housing for it instead of the .91 however.

Back