67-67 he351

gwhammy

I put one of these on the fummins I just got running, just a little bit to slow spool for trailer towing. Has anyone done the 62 mm he351 with the 67 exhaust wheel and how does it spool compared to a stock he351.

Which engine do you have a 67/67 on?

I have an 06 G56 truck in the driveway with a 67/67, lights stupid quick and is cleaning up an all out tune on stock sticks and CP3 easily. Only current upgrade is a Fleece in tank lift pump.

I do have this turbo mounted in the second gen location in the down position with a spring gate.

This truck will be getting 150% over Exergy's, Fleece 10 mm CP3, Xotic studs, Hamilton push tubes and springs in a few weekends.

Which engine do you have a 67/67 on?

I have an 06 G56 truck in the driveway with a 67/67, lights stupid quick and is cleaning up an all out tune on stock sticks and CP3 easily. Only current upgrade is a Fleece in tank lift pump.

I do have this turbo mounted in the second gen location in the down position with a spring gate.

This truck will be getting 150% over Exergy's, Fleece 10 mm CP3, Xotic studs, Hamilton push tubes and springs in a few weekends.
May wanna pass on those studs. Seen a lot of failures posted about them lately on fb

May wanna pass on those studs. Seen a lot of failures posted about them lately on fb

Not a FB user. What kind of failures? Are the failures recent, possible material batch related?

I know of several competitive sled pullers using them without issue.

On a 09 f350 auto with 4.10 gears and 12 valve. Haven't pulled any big loads yet. Most I've grossed is around 30,000 but will be around 36,000 with excavator. The biggest problem is you can't control od and lockup on the 5r110's. so I can't keep the rpms up towing when I hit a hill. It lights a lot better than I thought it would but you have to be up around 2200 to get it to stay lit. I was just wanting a little more than a stock 60 mm wheel.

I run some of the opti torque studs I think they was called, on my CR. They was a tensile strength between a 425 and 625 arp. No problem as of yet. May give them a look. I believe pdd sells them.

Not a FB user. What kind of failures? Are the failures recent, possible material batch related?

I know of several competitive sled pullers using them without issue.

Couple issues on the Dmax side as well, not sure if it was their high grade stuff or not. One guy (shop owner) had a stud fail sitting overnight on the engine stand after being tq'd

On a 09 f350 auto with 4.10 gears and 12 valve. Haven't pulled any big loads yet. Most I've grossed is around 30,000 but will be around 36,000 with excavator. The biggest problem is you can't control od and lockup on the 5r110's. so I can't keep the rpms up towing when I hit a hill. It lights a lot better than I thought it would but you have to be up around 2200 to get it to stay lit. I was just wanting a little more than a stock 60 mm wheel.

That sounds like an interesting set up. You're right that without OD and lock up control, turbo lighting is going to be an issue, especially when pulling a grade.

Studs stretching and headgaskets letting go multiple times

Couple issues on the Dmax side as well, not sure if it was their high grade stuff or not. One guy (shop owner) had a stud fail sitting overnight on the engine stand after being tq'd

Wow, that's some interesting info. I will see if I can do some digging. I have had ARP 425's fail while being torqued. Haven't used them since. May be better off going to the 625's.

Swapped a stock he351 with the wastegate drilled out I had on the shelf, lots better spooling in this heavy truck. I haven't pulled a trailer yet but it's set up exactly like the 05 I have except the 09 has more fuel. I'd still like to try a 62-67, can I put a 62 wheel and housing in place of the 67mm wheel? I realize the back cut on the bearing housing will be a little bit bigger but will that hurt anything.

Back