Second gen engine mount inserts

97rada

I am making up at least 5 sets of these mounts if anyone is interested. Should be around 200 dollar mark. They helped my truck a lot going from stock mounts. All that's needed for install is to freeze and press in. Please let me know.
Austin
b1fa0cc658bb23afbefba570fabaac6b.jpg
51c707f24adf931583a4b6603544acc3.jpg
631f2e2f2640edff27730e1a5ea14cc5.jpg
589722a05160937e6053426345f93d52.jpg

I'm about to stick my engine back in the truck. Will this help keep the hot pipe from pulling out of the intercooler boot?

I ran this weekend at RTDC and the mounts did everything they should have. As long as your idle is where it should be you will never notice the mounts being solid. I don't at least. I will be starting these this week and shipping to those who already inquired about them.

Will you keep doing these in the future also or is it just for now?
I'm no way near ready for putting engine back but very curious about these. And would really like some feedback from more people who try these.

Will you keep doing these in the future also or is it just for now?
I'm no way near ready for putting engine back but very curious about these. And would really like some feedback from more people who try these.

If there is interest I will keep making them. As of now I have ordered the material for 6 total sets. I have 3 people who for sure want them.

Are they made of steel or aluminum? And the solid mounts will transfer more vibration than the rubber bushings. I've got solid mounts on my Ranger but its for racing not a daily driver.

And it looks like you could push the engine back about 1.5", on a 4×4 drag truck would that be a benefit?

And it looks like you could push the engine back about 1.5", on a 4×4 drag truck would that be a benefit?

I'm no expert on that question and would actually like to know myself. With two wheel drive it's a no brainer.

Back