Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Dodge Competition and Performance General Dodge Competition and Performance Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 04:19 PM   #21
GorillaDave

Name: GorillaDave
Title: Aníbal Catastrophe
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSkyRacing View Post
I know you gentlemen all mean well by telling the OP to have a machinist do the work, but he isn't talking about cutting the head for O-rings. He's talking about cutting them in the block, which is far easier and can be done with less technical knowledge. Granted I do agree that heads should be cut at a reputable machine shop.
I thought they were bickering among themselves. Lol. I have a knowledge of machine work. I started out with sullen milling/machining equipment and have been company certified in it. But that being said it was a few years back and I was building gas burners. After I became a mechanic for cat is when I was turned on to the dark side diesel power and refuse to go back. So in theory I am fairly new to them.

Sent from the BooBoo Bus

Old 11-15-2012, 05:17 PM   #22
BlackSkyRacing

Name: BlackSkyRacing
Title: Living Under a Rock
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillaDave View Post
I thought they were bickering among themselves. Lol. I have a knowledge of machine work. I started out with sullen milling/machining equipment and have been company certified in it. But that being said it was a few years back and I was building gas burners. After I became a mechanic for cat is when I was turned on to the dark side diesel power and refuse to go back. So in theory I am fairly new to them.

Sent from the BooBoo Bus
guess that's one way to look at it... A confession of your skills up front might have been helpful in avoiding it though

Welcome to the dark side, lurking here will benefit you greatly as they do things here that most only dream of. Also good to see you make use of the search function, might save you from needing flame resistant clothing

08 QCSB 4x4 stock (ish) - 68RFE parts test pig

49 Dodge 2.6 pulling project "Gold Digger"

Old 11-15-2012, 05:22 PM   #23
GorillaDave

Name: GorillaDave
Title: Aníbal Catastrophe
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSkyRacing View Post
guess that's one way to look at it... A confession of your skills up front might have been helpful in avoiding it though

Welcome to the dark side, lurking here will benefit you greatly as they do things here that most only dream of. Also good to see you make use of the search function, might save you from needing flame resistant clothing
Agreed sir. I should have mentioned it before but as I am a newb to this forum I didn't want it to be seen as boasting and start off with a bad impression.

Sent from the BooBoo Bus

Closed Thread