Reliability of modded cp-3

homewrecker

gear jammer
Last modded pumps I ran were 8+ years ago. Had a Floor It stage 2 and later a stage 3. Had problems with both and never liked the way the rail pressure was regulated. Went to dual pumps and never looked back. Now with so many new people making them(Exergy,Fleece etc) I was wondering how the newer pumps are for street use and longevity? What size injectors does a 10mm or 12mm support? I have an 04 dually and will be installing a set of tow twins Still have a dual pump kit but like the simplicity of a single modded if things have improved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have almost 10k street miles on an exergy 12mm. It needs another pump on top of it. But it's been trouble free.

Edit: knock on wood lol

I have almost 10k street miles on an exergy 12mm. It needs another pump on top of it. But it's been trouble free.

Edit: knock on wood lol

How is the rp response? Very touchy? Spikes quick? I know I'm comparing ancient tuning(smarty) and floor it pumps but the rp would spike on light acceleration and seemed to be bouncy at cruising speeds. Made a surging smokey ride. I have hp tuners now and know some of that can be cured. Longevity is a big concern as neither of the other pumps lasted 10k without issues

How is the rp response? Very touchy? Spikes quick? I know I'm comparing ancient tuning(smarty) and floor it pumps but the rp would spike on light acceleration and seemed to be bouncy at cruising speeds. Made a surging smokey ride. I have hp tuners now and know some of that can be cured. Longevity is a big concern as neither of the other pumps lasted 10k without issues

Rail pressure spikes were from modified regulators, this is not necessary to get increased flow from a modified pump. A 10mm pump on a dodge will support roughly 800-850hp depending on manufacturer, 12mm will support roughly 1100-1150hp. We have hundreds of 10's and 12's out running without any issues, which is why we are the only pump builder in the industry to offer a 2yr warranty.

Rail pressure spikes were from modified regulators, this is not necessary to get increased flow from a modified pump. A 10mm pump on a dodge will support roughly 800-850hp depending on manufacturer, 12mm will support roughly 1100-1150hp. We have hundreds of 10's and 12's out running without any issues, which is why we are the only pump builder in the industry to offer a 2yr warranty.
2 year unlimited mileage?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

What is the longevity,mileage on a daily driver/tow vehicle? Just trying to decide if I need to go ahead and use the dual pump kit. Im looking for dependability

Our pumps are every bit as reliable as a stock pump, if not better. With our upgraded suction valves and TIN coated buckets we see less wear compared to a stock pump.

Back