Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Drag Racing
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Drag Racing Where ALL Racers are Welcome- From ET Bracket, all the way to ProStreet and Top Diesel!

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 06:52 PM   #41
jasonc

Name: jasonc
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
What are the gt55 specs, congrats on the runs yall made!

Old 05-21-2017, 07:34 PM   #42
PhillipF

Name: PhillipF
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonc View Post
What are the gt55 specs, congrats on the runs yall made!
Click the image to open in full size.
I'll let you decide, I don't wanna say everything about the setup.

Old 05-21-2017, 08:40 PM   #43
oldestof11

Name: oldestof11
Title: Drag racer
Member`s Gallery
Was awesome to watch you run the exact same time to back up your record.

Old 05-22-2017, 08:32 AM   #44
2Tone12V

Name: 2Tone12V
Member`s Gallery
Bad ass!! Congrats man

Old 05-22-2017, 12:24 PM   #45
IdahoRob

Name: IdahoRob
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Congrats, that is getting after it!

"Max'd Out" SoCal Engine, Randy's Trans, DDP 9.36@154 MPH SS legal trim.

Old 05-22-2017, 01:25 PM   #46
JQmile

Name: JQmile
Member`s Gallery
It got kind of overshadowed by Lavon's pass, but the Trippplemax truck just went 8.96! Dmax joining the Cummins party

Old 05-22-2017, 02:15 PM   #47
Big Blue24

Name: Big Blue24
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipF View Post
Click the image to open in full size.
I'll let you decide, I don't wanna say everything about the setup.
Wow, that GT55 no longer has a map groove, must be a HUGE compressor wheel stuffed in there!

And the S400 looks like an SXE cover so 80mm or larger is standard protocol unless it's a custom unit as well.

Congrats on the fast passes! Hopefully we get Todd's UCC truck all dialed in for Denver NHRDA race and maybe John S. will get his truck up and running and we can have a big Super Street Field!
OEM 12v Block

Old 05-23-2017, 12:17 AM   #48
07ram5.9

Name: 07ram5.9
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Great job to the whole TSD crew. Man Chris B. is always chopping down the tree. IDK what you guys are doing at TSD but I love it. I guess you guys know that because I've been driving over there from Cali since 2011.

Much respect to IdahoRob and 2tone12v. SS just has too much competition these days and I love it. All the SS trucks just need headlights and to be street legal. hahahaha

Old 05-23-2017, 07:55 AM   #49
CorneliusRox

Name: CorneliusRox
Title: Seasoned Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue24 View Post
Maybe John S. will get his truck up and running and we can have a big Super Street Field!
Keep calling and bugging him. I know I have been!
I want to see that thing rip again!!

Old 05-23-2017, 02:03 PM   #50
DieselWrencher

Name: DieselWrencher
Title: 6cyl Vette
Member`s Gallery
Congrats, that is awesome!
1972 K30 Longhorn P-Pumped 24v 47RH Compounds

Old 05-23-2017, 10:09 PM   #51
PhillipF

Member`s Gallery
Thanks everyone, it was an awesome weekend in Tulsa for sure, 3 SS trucks going 8's and then Lavon going 7.993, along with Dustin going 8.12's, seems like everyone is figuring out how to apply more and more power to the track.

John setup my turbo's for me and they have continuously surpassed my expectations. I've been bugging him to get his together as well, that thing should be pretty nasty once it's done, be nice to see some awesome mechanical trucks back in the field of CR's.

Old 05-24-2017, 07:56 AM   #52
97rada

Name: 97rada
Member`s Gallery
Just curious, what keeps you guys from dropping 1500 pounds and racing pro street ? Your already making the power and it would have to be easier on parts.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex...it takes a touch of genius- and alot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Old 05-24-2017, 08:16 AM   #53
PhillipF

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97rada View Post
Just curious, what keeps you guys from dropping 1500 pounds and racing pro street ? Your already making the power and it would have to be easier on parts.
My only answer is $$$$. It would cost a lot to drop 1500lbs in my truck. Would require a 25.6 cage, back-half, 9", fiberglass, etc. I only add 100lbs to make weight so losing 1400lbs isn't easy. I'm sure at least one of will go to PS soon.

Old 05-24-2017, 10:42 AM   #54
2Tone12V

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97rada View Post
$20,000 jump to go run it and literally have all the same exact issues other than suspension. Spend **** loads of money to back half and still have a heavy ass 4500 lbs truck. Spend **** loads of money and have a cage thats only gonna get you through another year before pro street becomes and index class. If I do anything I'll go to a pro mod or dragster. Super street rules need changed big time. This unlimited hp crap is dumb imo.

Old 05-24-2017, 11:58 AM   #55
Subman631

Name: Subman631
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tone12V View Post
$20,000 jump to go run it and literally have all the same exact issues other than suspension. Spend **** loads of money to back half and still have a heavy ass 4500 lbs truck. Spend **** loads of money and have a cage thats only gonna get you through another year before pro street becomes and index class. If I do anything I'll go to a pro mod or dragster. Super street rules need changed big time. This unlimited hp crap is dumb imo.
Just curious Anthony, how exactly would you change in the SS rules? I quite frankly think it's a great class. Much closer to a street legal truck than Prostreet. And are for the most part driven to the line and back to the pits. The speed and weight are getting problematic however.

When you speak of Pro mod are you referring to NHRA Pro mods or are you referring to the Prostreet class in NHRDA? Or is there a class in the 1/8 Outlaw series that I'm not familiar with? Sorry I confused with what you are calling Pro mods.

Old 05-24-2017, 12:38 PM   #56
Toolman

Name: Toolman
Member`s Gallery
Congrats to Phillip and all the TSD guys all your trucks were getting it . The Tulsa race was impressive with all the fast times. I hope the ODSS guys were watching and decide to put a SS class in. As of right now now the only place for us is Pro Street and even though the SS guys are getting faster there still is a big divide between the classes we really can't compete with the weight difference and that kind of leaves a lot of trucks in no mans land in ODSS. Micheal Dalton was talking about putting in an SS class at his race in July I hope that he can get it done an a bunch of you guys will show up to support it and maybe we can start a new class in ODSS.
As far as the rules changing in SS class what I would like to see is that these trucks would have to be a street driven truck with water and all no filled blocks. And I think both the fast classes Pro Street and SS should be 1/8 mile as fast as things are getting its just going to be a matter of time till someone rolls one up in a ball and at 160 mph its not going to be pretty.

B&B Tooling 269-496-9021

B & B Tooling Intakes and custom machined parts.

Member of Drive by Wire Mafia

Old 05-24-2017, 01:39 PM   #57
JQmile

Name: JQmile
Member`s Gallery
I think the Pro Street minimum should be dropped to 3600lb, that way they can run whatever times they want, and it puts a good bit of distance between the two classes.

As an aside, Idaho Rob, when are you going to come back out and work on that front half? The 154 trap is just about there for 8s!

Old 05-24-2017, 02:32 PM   #58
2Tone12V

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subman631 View Post
Just curious Anthony, how exactly would you change in the SS rules? I quite frankly think it's a great class. Much closer to a street legal truck than Prostreet. And are for the most part driven to the line and back to the pits. The speed and weight are getting problematic however.

When you speak of Pro mod are you referring to NHRA Pro mods or are you referring to the Prostreet class in NHRDA? Or is there a class in the 1/8 Outlaw series that I'm not familiar with? Sorry I confused with what you are calling Pro mods.
I LOVE the class but at this point i don't think there needs to be pro and super in nhrda. The only thing that separates a super street truck from a pro street truck is a back half. Nothing about them is street. The speed and weight is dangerous and brutal trying to keep things together. I think the rules need to be looked at to slow the trucks down. Myself and a few other very fast ss trucks and expressed this feeling but nothing has came about. So we roll with what we have.

When I say pro mod i mean a class G&J runs their car in and like Wade Moody ran his truck in. Not sure exactly what they call the class. Or a dragster.

Last edited by 2Tone12V; 05-24-2017 at 02:36 PM.

Old 05-24-2017, 03:30 PM   #59
IdahoRob

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JQmile View Post
As an aside, Idaho Rob, when are you going to come back out and work on that front half? The 154 trap is just about there for 8s!
New bullet is almost done, trying for the Salt Lake event. I haven't touched the suspension in 8 years and it shows. Need to spend some time on that for sure. My damn 600hp street car 60's better than my truck ever has.

Last edited by IdahoRob; 12-11-2018 at 04:37 PM.

Old 05-24-2017, 03:32 PM   #60
IdahoRob

Member`s Gallery
I won't mind seeing 1/8 mile racing at all. To tell the truth, I got pretty spooked last year with almost playing bumper cars with the nova at 140+mph going through the traps.

Closed Thread