Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > Stalnaker Racing Services
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 09:26 AM   #81
Bodacious

Name: Bodacious
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
The man in brown just showed up with my very first 4-link kit. Just an el-cheapo, but all the parts are there, hopefully. lol ...and the chevy ifs is in the back of the wife's first gen.

Just a tad more info before I head to the shop, My son Craig and I had the opportunity to share some time with the Warren County Boys and the "Flirt'n with Disaster" team. I am just now beginning to realize the information CC was giving me back that far, lol TS2013. and they were killing lenco's at the time as well.

CC said to me, "A diesel does not like to accelerate...". He was basically telling me the same thing I am trying to explain to you all, just didn't realize it until now. "...you need to have that thing singing its song before you apply the load." He also told me all this diesel hot rodding crap is nothing new to him. He said they were doing this very same stuff to tractor engines 20 years ago. As I educate myself I am seeing this very clear.

Old 10-11-2017, 09:27 AM   #82
Bodacious

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggy238 View Post
Flame front propagation is why.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
I'm with ya. How do we improve upon it??

Old 10-11-2017, 09:29 AM   #83
Bodacious

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggy238 View Post
Cam driven unit injectors.

...and this!!! Who needs an external injection pump anymore, unlimited plunger diam, could even dynamic time, just freaking unreal. It's been setting there for quite some time and I just recently took a look.

Old 10-11-2017, 09:32 AM   #84
Tobin

Name: Tobin
Title: 5.7 IDI Powaa!
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodacious View Post
...and this!!! Who needs an external injection pump anymore, unlimited plunger diam, could even dynamic time, just freaking unreal. It's been setting there for quite some time and I just recently took a look.
You know this is nothing new right? Been around for a while.

1977 F250 RCLB 4x4 "High Boy" 12 valve, 180 pump, 5x.014, S363/S475, Goerend 47RH, NP271, 2007 D60/Sterling 10.5, 40" Toyo MTs

Old 10-11-2017, 09:58 AM   #85
Bodacious

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobin View Post
You know this is nothing new right? Been around for a while.
Ok. Why not share your knowledge here?

Old 10-11-2017, 10:03 AM   #86
Snedge

Name: Snedge
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
The knowledge you seek usually preceded by a stack of money.

Old 10-11-2017, 10:04 AM   #87
kjpcummins

Name: kjpcummins
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Could you provide us with some info on how the cubes are being made?

I had a very smart young fella make me realize that just because someone says there is magic in the 4.125 bore, did I truly believe this someone is running this bore?? He backed it up by saying why does this certain Pro Stock tractor class have a 600 cu.in. limit. So yes, again finally listening to some smart folks, it is being done all around us. lol
Nothing special about a 4.125 bore. Its just what you get when you install a thick sleeve in a stock bore 6.7 cummins block. European prostock tractors are limited to oem head for given engine and 510ci. A few common combinations are 4.625bore x 5inch stroke or 4.75x4.75 is another. Running a 4.8+ inducer single turbo. I don't know of any tractor class with a 600ci limit so you might want to listen to someone else or look up a rule book.US prostocks have a max of 680ci.

Old 10-11-2017, 10:17 AM   #88
Tobin

Name: Tobin
Title: 5.7 IDI Powaa!
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snedge View Post
This is very true.

1977 F250 RCLB 4x4 "High Boy" 12 valve, 180 pump, 5x.014, S363/S475, Goerend 47RH, NP271, 2007 D60/Sterling 10.5, 40" Toyo MTs

Old 10-11-2017, 10:48 AM   #89
DISTURBED

Name: DISTURBED
Title: YEA WE RIDE THE SHORT BUS
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
You are wanting people to fund you free knowledge so you can attempt to play at UCC with out actually knowing anything that makes it work. Name dropping a couple people you have spoken to and talking secret squirrel stuff here doesn't really impress many folks. Your scatter brain posts don't help your cause either.

01 CTD Retired sled puller, dedicated "Twin Turbo" tow rig
96 CTD "TOO" Disturbed 3.0 - Built by Disturbed Diesel Performance
96 CTD "The Sickness" 2.6/2.8- Built by Disturbed Diesel Performance

Old 10-11-2017, 11:06 AM   #90
biggy238

Name: biggy238
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
The man in brown just showed up with my very first 4-link kit. Just an el-cheapo, but all the parts are there, hopefully. lol ...and the chevy ifs is in the back of the wife's first gen.

Just a tad more info before I head to the shop, My son Craig and I had the opportunity to share some time with the Warren County Boys and the "Flirt'n with Disaster" team. I am just now beginning to realize the information CC was giving me back that far, lol TS2013. and they were killing lenco's at the time as well.

CC said to me, "A diesel does not like to accelerate...". He was basically telling me the same thing I am trying to explain to you all, just didn't realize it until now. "...you need to have that thing singing its song before you apply the load." He also told me all this diesel hot rodding crap is nothing new to him. He said they were doing this very same stuff to tractor engines 20 years ago. As I educate myself I am seeing this very clear.
Yes, there is a reason air craft engines and pullers migrated away from diesel and pistons, many, many years ago.

Go back and find some of JSP's dyno graphs. In my opinion, you don't know what your engine is doing unless you start at top engine speed and induce load until near stall. This can be destructive testing, so it is seldom used.

05.5 Campanella White TDi Jetta 5spd 45.5MPG
-Little Sexy
'10 Silver F250 CCLB 4X4 6.4L cummins Swapped
Insta @trash.panda250

Last edited by biggy238; 10-11-2017 at 11:10 AM.

Old 10-11-2017, 01:02 PM   #91
mfsuper90

Name: mfsuper90
Title: 300ft is all I need
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjpcummins View Post
Nothing special about a 4.125 bore. Its just what you get when you install a thick sleeve in a stock bore 6.7 cummins block. European prostock tractors are limited to oem head for given engine and 510ci. A few common combinations are 4.625bore x 5inch stroke or 4.75x4.75 is another. Running a 4.8+ inducer single turbo. I don't know of any tractor class with a 600ci limit so you might want to listen to someone else or look up a rule book.US prostocks have a max of 680ci.
Super farm and limited pro is 640ci, light pro is 540ci, and super stock is 650ci.

A guy that i talked to from iowa runs a dyno service, one of the super farms ran 56* of timing and the other was 48*. The 56* tractor had a 13mm, im not sure if the other had a 14mm or not.

I've been waiting for someone to stuff a big riverside pro stock or superstock engine into a truck for UCC...
'14 Ram Anarchy EFI, G56

Old 10-11-2017, 01:39 PM   #92
J-Pipes

Name: J-Pipes
Member`s Gallery
Random thought, it was mentioned earlier somewhere the diesels don't like to accelerate, but maintain rpm. So, are there any CVT setups out there that could be used for racing? Get the engine at full power and let the rest of the driveline catch up?

Also know two local limited pro tractors that are knocking on the 3k hp door too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Old 10-11-2017, 04:16 PM   #93
kjpcummins

Name: kjpcummins
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Pipes View Post
Random thought, it was mentioned earlier somewhere the diesels don't like to accelerate, but maintain rpm. So, are there any CVT setups out there that could be used for racing? Get the engine at full power and let the rest of the driveline catch up?

Also know two local limited pro tractors that are knocking on the 3k hp door too.

Since you from Ohio I'm assuming your talking about light prostock not limited. Either way they are exaggerating by a large amount if they are claiming close to 3000hp.

Old 10-11-2017, 04:17 PM   #94
Bodacious

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DISTURBED View Post
You are wanting people to fund you free knowledge so you can attempt to play at UCC with out actually knowing anything that makes it work. Name dropping a couple people you have spoken to and talking secret squirrel stuff here doesn't really impress many folks. Your scatter brain posts don't help your cause either.
Thanks for this Jeremy. I still hold you in high regard. I have asked for nothing from anyone that I have not been able to justify with physics or this magical internet.

Old 10-11-2017, 04:23 PM   #95
J-Pipes

Name: J-Pipes
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjpcummins View Post
Since you from Ohio I'm assuming your talking about light prostock not limited. Either way they are exaggerating by a large amount if they are claiming close to 3000hp.
Yeah, my bad light pro, not limited. I have no reason to doubt their numbers, they are two brothers, dyno in Michigan somewhere, claims the dyno operator says he's the highest powered of the class that he's dyno'd. So far the only guy to win the class more than once, did two yrs in a row, then chased the points enough to get am invite to enderle the following yr, won it, then I don't believe he's made a push for the points title since, said it's just too much driving. His brother doesn't hit near as many events, but is usually top five when he does.

Old 10-11-2017, 04:28 PM   #96
Bodacious

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snedge View Post
I'm sharing what I have learned. I know people do exist who depend on some of the crap I'm holding out on. If I can ask google a question and get the answer I was looing for, it ain't no secret.

Old 10-11-2017, 04:34 PM   #97
Bodacious

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Pipes View Post
Yeah, my bad light pro, not limited. I have no reason to doubt their numbers, they are two brothers, dyno in Michigan somewhere, claims the dyno operator says he's the highest powered of the class that he's dyno'd. So far the only guy to win the class more than once, did two yrs in a row, then chased the points enough to get am invite to enderle the following yr, won it, then I don't believe he's made a push for the points title since, said it's just too much driving. His brother doesn't hit near as many events, but is usually top five when he does.

I like that right there. No popping off with un - backed knowledge- just hard facts. I don't think I'm gonna reply to anyone anymore unless I think you have useful info to provide.

Mr. Mafia, no disrespect, but, since I have joined I realized you are the "Patric Swayzie" of comp-d. You jumped on here and asked and I replied. Now I am hanging. ... ... ???

Old 10-11-2017, 04:34 PM   #98
BRE

Name: BRE
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
I'm sharing what I have learned. I know people do exist who depend on some of the crap I'm holding out on. If I can ask google a question and get the answer I was looing for, it ain't no secret.

No offense here, but I kinda think you need to deflate your ego just a touch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Originally Posted by jfaulkner View Post
There really is nothing better than OEM. That goes for anything from turbos to boobs.
RIP Dex KCCO

Old 10-11-2017, 04:47 PM   #99
Bodacious

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRE View Post
No offense here, but I kinda think you need to deflate your ego just a touch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Well I'm trying to humiliate myself enough where no one thinks they'll look stupid posting here. lol

I learned pretty quick that no one is going to buy my crap unless I beat them with it. I have the best air shut-off I have ever seen specifically built for diesel motorsports, proven right here in real life and I can't even get a sympathy buy from anyone. You know I spent most of my fortune right here on CompD?? ...got screwed a couple times in the process.

Comp D is my facebook and has been since my wife got me talking to you folks at the waiting room in Morgantown. My life and the way I think I should live it is changing and I am realizing more and more everyday that I really don't give a $hit what other people think of me. I'm happy and willing to share in my knowledge.

I have never claimed to be an expert at anything. ...obviously???

Old 10-11-2017, 04:59 PM   #100
Bodacious

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
I like that right there. No popping off with un - backed knowledge- just hard facts. I don't think I'm gonna reply to anyone anymore unless I think you have useful info to provide.

Mr. Mafia, no disrespect, but, since I have joined I realized you are the "Patric Swayzie" of comp-d. You jumped on here and asked and I replied. Now I am hanging. ... ... ???
Dangit I hate when I do that!! I mean the bar bouncer Patric Swayzie. ...not the dirty dancing one.

Closed Thread