scheid 09 afterparty vid ticks me off

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the no alcohol.

There is a time and place for chit like that, not in a business parking lot. I am sure they can get some of the tag numbers off of the video and let them help with the cost of resurfacing the lot, "you gotta pay to play"

This is not what killed TS what killed TS was the fact that people decided to drive down the drag strip once they were done ripping up the camp field.

All this talk about drinking and everything. there is no proof in that video that they were drinking so lay off of that one. As for it only happening at events like this I have been to some small dyno competitions that afte the dyno is done guys start doing burnouts out on the street. No drinking and the age has nothing to do with it either I have seen some older people women included that have been right in there joining in on the activities.

So I agree its going to happen anyways and if the cops were there and didnt shut it down because it want out of hand then so be it.

Maybe you can't see it in the video but I can assure you that they were drinking, I was there bud. I will agree that it doesnt take alcohol for people to act like idiots, but alcohol will bring out the idiot in people that usually arent.

This is not what killed TS what killed TS was the fact that people decided to drive down the drag strip once they were done ripping up the camp field.

What WILL KILL is the attitude/mindset that TS, Schieds, or any large event are just big parties!!:bang These are COMPETITION EVENTS not Spring Break! :rolleyes:

When you go to an NHRA event, do people hang out at the local Walmart parking lot and do burnouts? When you go to a NASCAR, Indy, F1, or any other organized racing event do 100+ people hang out in a field and do doughnuts and destroy the property?:umno:

But put a couple hundred 20 somethings with 400 hp, smoke blowing turds and some alchohol together at a "Diesel Competition" and what do you get? Nothing more than hoodlums on wheels.:bang

What WILL KILL is the attitude/mindset that TS, Schieds, or any large event are just big parties!!:bang These are COMPETITION EVENTS not Spring Break! :rolleyes:

When you go to an NHRA event, do people hang out at the local Walmart parking lot and do burnouts? When you go to a NASCAR, Indy, F1, or any other organized racing event do 100+ people hang out in a field and do doughnuts and destroy the property?:umno:

But put a couple hundred 20 somethings with 400 hp, smoke blowing turds and some alchohol together at a "Diesel Competition" and what do you get? Nothing more than hoodlums on wheels.:bang

:clap::clap::clap:

We just have to realize that for some of the "narrow sighted ones", it takes a dead body for them to see just how dangerous it is. "We didn't hurt no body!" are very famous LAST words...

Last edited:

...and we have a winner!!! Well said :clap:

I guess if you want to go to an event and party, park the truck and walk to the bar. Keep the two seperate

ya people do stupid crap but you guys were there watching. if people werent there watching they wouldnt be stupid. and its probably the only event were the competition trucks are the spectators thats why it dont happen a nascar or nhra.

the hooking truck to truck thing should be done in a field somewhere, I wont lie I have done it before but it wasnt in town. it was in someones back yard where there wasnt a million ppl standing around and it proved nothing nobody went anywhere. the burnouts should be done somewhere else like at beans they have that concrete pad just for burnouts i think that is a good idea so nobody is out on the street

alcohol can be a factor, but let me tellyou what, the event , and the surrounding area have one chance at stopping stuff like this........... the first time someone tries they get tossed out or truck towed. no ifs ands or butts. let em have an inch, they want more. stiop it dead first time and it is done. Once it gets to that level in the vid, its over. Say it can't be with alcohol involved ? pffft should have seen all the beer flowin Saturday at Englishtown......... the zero tollerance for burnouts in the pits was so strong, that within seconds of anyone trying it they were warned, and then secruity and the police hung around to make sure it was squashed. out of the thousands of trucks / rigs at the event, i saw 2 burnouts, both were stopped and set the mood for no more happening.

Having worked for a Nascar Busch team and traveled to every track on the circuit, I can say for a fact that this has happened at every race I have been to. $.02

I agree that blowing smoke, burnouts, and drag racing on the street is stupid. But being in a big open parking lot doing burnouts is fine with me. Maybe someone should have some caution tape and cones to designate an area and for people to stand behind, so people aren't inches from a truck.
People whos is drinking clearly shouldn't be doing this though...but if someone is sober and wants to waste there money (tires) doing it...so what? And for those that said "Oh someone has to repaint the lines and leaves black marks":blahblah1: O well, as long as its not some little "Mom and paps" store and its someplace big like walmart or something. Consider it economic stimulus!! because someone will be PAID to repaint them. So instead of the owner of the walmart or wherever making $142,619,853.22 this year they make $142,618,503.22.... big wah!!!

I know safety is number one and no one ever wants to see anyone get hurt, but lighten up people... we won't be here forever might as well enjoy it while we are!!

Sorry for the rant...:soap:

Just my $.02

its going to happem it simply needs to be organized somewhere ppl can have their fun just my .02

Umm...yea....I'm pretty sure we had a BURNOUT contest at the damned track on Sunday. Even had prizes.

Nothing organized at all about that.........:doh:

Umm...yea....I'm pretty sure we had a BURNOUT contest at the damned track on Sunday. Even had prizes.

Nothing organized at all about that.........:doh:

Coming from Mr.no smoke or bunrnouts...I saw you drive through that parking lot a few times, if you want this stuff to stop why not try doing something instead of everyone on here whining behind a keyboard. I guess you cant get votes at the show and shine if your the party pooper eh?

Coming from Mr.no smoke or bunrnouts...I saw you drive through that parking lot a few times, if you want this stuff to stop why not try doing something instead of everyone on here whining behind a keyboard. I guess you cant get votes at the show and shine if your the party pooper eh?
dude u crack me up
:hehe::hehe::hehe:

as far as a burnout contest at the track sunday? thats great how about friday? when everyone showin up and revved up. how about saturday when everyone is loving life liberty and diesels. sunday is missing the point. the majority was gone....hell we stood next to the start the whole time, hardly bumped an elbow.

Yep...we drove through and talked to a few people that we knew there. None of that stuff was going on then and I didn't do it in my truck...despite many people asking.

And you can hate on my show-n-shine stuff all you want...the people that hate are generally the ones that can't afford to do what I do.
If you think it's so "easy" to do what I did at Scheid...build a truck to beat me next year. I'll throw in a thousand bucks cash if you beat me either day.
Put up or shut up kid.

dude u crack me up
:hehe::hehe::hehe:

as far as a burnout contest at the track sunday? thats great how about friday? when everyone showin up and revved up. how about saturday when everyone is loving life liberty and diesels. sunday is missing the point. the majority was gone....hell we stood next to the start the whole time, hardly bumped an elbow.

We didn't have private access to the track untill Sunday...they ran their regular programs both days.

I'm going to propose a smoke contest at some of the bigger events next year....maybe offering up some cash or prizes will help things improve...maybe not...but it's worth a shot.

What did you do to stop it? At least Rich was there competing in something, show and shine or not. He wasn't just there for spring break. Did you compete?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back