6th Annual NCDTR #18 Dyno and Drag Race

Mike D

Ctrl - Alt - Diesel
We would like to invite everyone from Compd to join us at our annual drag race and dyno day.

Drag racing will be held at Coastal Plains Dragway 4744 Highway 258, Jacksonville, N.C. on Oct. 10th at 8 pm. The dyno competition will be held the following day at "Waynes Dyno and Performance" also located on Highway 258, at 3789 Highway 258, Jacksonville, N.C. at 9 am.

I'll update this thread as things come together.

This year we're going to try something new. We want to have a cash prize for Highest Horsepower. The reason is to attact some out of state competition and to help differ the cost of fuel for those who might trailer in a vehicle.

With the permission of Wayne (dynoman) he's agreed to add $5.00 to the cost of the dyno runs, all of the extra money will be put into the pot. Even with the additional cost added to the dyno runs, the price to run your truck will remain ultra reasonable.

So, if we run 30 trucks the cash prize will be $150. Any sponsorship money for highest horsepower will be added on top of the pot.

Cost of Dyno Runs:

$45.00 for two pulls

$65.00 for four pulls

I you feel you have no chance to win, don't be so sure. I'm trying to build awards for every truck class. 1st Gen, both 12v and 24v and CR.

John_P and I will be working really hard on getting sponsorships for this event.

Thanks Wayne for letting us build a cash pot for the winner.

A sponsor who I'll call "Mr. X" has offered to match the pot for high horsepower up to $200. Thanks to "Mr. X"

NC 18 Event garners Sponsorship from NADM!

The premiere Diesel Motor Sports Organization has signed on to sponsor our
6th Annual NC Dyno and Drag Race.

On behave of NC #18 I would like to thank David Dunbar and the whole NADM organization for their effort to support us at the local and regional level.

John_P is working on a write up about our event that will be posted on NADM's website.

Support the organizations that support you!:rockwoot:
http://www.runnadm.com

As Mike D. said, we hope to make this one of the best events we have ever had in our area.

My sincere thanks to David Dunbar and the NADM Organization along with Bob Wagner @ Smarty Electronics for their sponsorships. I am happy to report that two (2) local sponsors in my area who have helped us before,
namely, "Sears" and "Advanced Auto" have also stepped up to provide products for us. My thanks to them also.

--------
John_P

Buck and Brian Buchanan of Buck's Communication INC. have offered to help sponsor NCDTR #18's Dyno and Drag Race Event!

On behalf of NC #18 I would to thank Buck, Brian and Sandi for their support!

www.buckscomm.net

Buck, Brian and his wife Sandi are great people always willing to lend a hand to their fellow man. I'm proud to call them my friends.

Brian's racing crew are Jerry Cummings and Jim Snyder both are great guys. Look for them at the track!

My sincere thanks to Brian and Buck Buchanan along with Brian's Wife Sandy and the entire Staff at "Buck's Communications" for their support of our event!

A big thanks to Peter @ "Southbend Clutch" also.

-------
John_P

Update on sponsorship from TRE Diesel.

Tim Barber is going to sponsor the following classes:

Dyno event: $200.00 to the highest horsepower on #2 fuel only.

Drag Racing: $100.00 to the fastest Dodge truck in the 1/4 mile.

Tim is going to run his truck on the dyno but has excluded himself for the classes he has sponsored. To quote Tim "I'm not going down there to win my own money."

Tim's a class act. I hope all you guys that haven't met Tim introduce yourself when you come to the event.

Update on sponsorship from TRE Diesel.

Tim Barber is going to sponsor the following classes:

Dyno event: $200.00 to the highest horsepower on #2 fuel only.

Drag Racing: $100.00 to the fastest Dodge truck in the 1/4 mile.

Tim is going to run his truck on the dyno but has excluded himself for the classes he has sponsored. To quote Tim "I'm not going down there to win my own money."

Tim's a class act. I hope all you guys that haven't met Tim introduce yourself when you come to the event.
------------------------------------------
I agree 100% with everything you have said in reference to Tim Barber Mike!:rockwoot: Not only a great guy, but one of the leaders in the industry on these CR trucks.

Tim, THANK YOU so much!

---------
John_P

I am also happy to announce that Lucas and Natalie Underwood from "L&N Performance" in Blowing Rock, N.C. have also agreed to sponsor our upcoming event as well. I just attended their very well run "Extreme Western N.C. Dyno
Day" there in Blowing Rock, NC this past weekend and had a great time.

Lucas, my sincere thanks to you and Natalie for your help!

www.LNperformanceparts.com

--------
John_P

Don Morrison owner of F1 Diesel has offered to help sponsor our event!

Anyone that uses F1 Diesel products will attest to the quality and performance you get running any of the F1 performance diesel product line. Whether it be injectors or cam shafts, Don does it right!

Big thanks to Don!

http://www.f1diesel.com

My thanks to Don Morrison @ "F-1 Diesel" for his support of our upcoming event.

Scheid Diesel will also be sponsoring our event. I want to thank Dan Scheid and his entire Staff for all their support. They have been a sponsor of our event every single year we have had this event.

---------
John_P

"National Speed" based in Wilmington, N.C. will also be sponsoring our upcoming event. This is a brand new "state-of-the-art" speed shop which also is doing diesel performance sales and service. My sincere thanks to my friends Bobby Downes and George Taylor for their support.

--------
John_P

Special Class: Handshaker Challenge

"Handshaker/Manual Transmission Drag Race Competition" between all of the manual tranny trucks at the Drag Race Part of our event on Friday night, October 10, 2008. Our thoughts would be to run "eliminations" between all of the manual/handshaker trucks until only the winner is left.

South Bend Clutch has agreed to help sponsor this class.

Web_flyer_don_t_print.JPG

Jess and Buck have offered up a $200 Bounty through Duraflite Racing for any Duramax or PSD that beats the fastest time set by a Dodge Cummins at this event.

Jess will give the details of the rules to collect the Bounty

Back