Nitrous and EGTs

If you have a heavy fueled race rig then the nitrous will hit harder and egt's will go up, way up. For those that see a decrease in temp., you must either be out of fuel, or running a lean tune up. Temp. drop is even poss. I hear on a heavy fueled engine but Ive personally never seen it or close to it.

Yup. Nitrous on our HEUI trucks skyrockets EGT's

Anyone record egt difference in spraying in the intake manifold vs. Into the inlet on the turbo. I know spraying it into the turbo will greatly reduce intake temps.... enough to warrant not needing an intercooler. I have a ghetto intake manifold built specifically to connect turbo straight to intake, but have yet to have time to test it. Gotta build anouther nitrous kit also

For the cr trucks, are you guys using progressive controllers or what?
I am heavily fueled for my charger and want to spray to keep egts in check. I've never messed with it before.

Sent from my fphone

For the cr trucks, are you guys using progressive controllers or what?
I am heavily fueled for my charger and want to spray to keep egts in check. I've never messed with it before.

Sent from my fphone

Your egt's wont be in check with nitrous from my experiences with it...

Nitrous

If you pull timing IMO you are doing the wrong thing. I come from a gas world and these motors don't act the same. I don't run a intercooler on my dragster and only see 1600 to 1700 at the end of a pass. I'm not big power like some but it works for me.

This is what happens when you forget to lock the converter. s478/83- 50mm gate,20 degrees, 5x22, 12m pump, full cuts,5 stages n20 and a purge after the intercooler

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 0
Nitrous

Just as a example I have run the same single 80 turbo from fleece for a year and a half on my car. I run the motor well over 5000 rpm with no lockup and everything motor wise is happy. I also run 40* timing above 4500 so each his own I guess. If you pull timing or run low timing it will make heat.

so tell me please how in the world a mechanical p pump can retard timing

Helical port timing. The ports on the barrel are shaped in a way so that when the rack moves and rotates them the port is effectively higher or lower in reference to the plunger.

Back