best code scanner?

dixon700

cummins fanatic
Tried a friend's snap-on ethos. It requires the purchase of an adapter.. typical snap-on... So I need a good code scanner that reads live data for a good price.

No other option then spending thousands on snap-on ones? I just need one that reads demanded and actual rail psi.

Looking into auto enginuity. $250 and then $225 for the dodge package and then could buy other packages later.
Has anyone ever used it? Will it read live data like rail psi?

There is a difference reading DTC codes and logging data.... if you're looking to just read codes, realistically any scanner is sufficient... but to log the truck, I use my EFI live software... not saying it's the best, snap on has good stuff

Sent from phone

I can't see wasting all of the money on the adapters and way higher prices on the snap on stuff. And having to update the snap on tools every 6 months.

Auto enginuity can do logs and bi directional testing I found it with the dodge enhanced package for a good price I think I'm going to get it.

I bet that scanner and key were a lot more than $450. That will do generic on everything and enhanced on dodge. I don't like the snap on tools and everything about them is expensive.

AE works great on my fords. But that's all I own and work on. I couldnt justify the extra money for a snap on. Snap on does work very well though if you have a multitude of vehicles.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

And auto enginuity can do everything the snap on tools can do right? The ethos my co worker bought was a waste of $1300 you have to go and buy different adapters for different makes and they're about $200 a piece. His was an ethos, don't get me wrong it was a neat scan tool, but it just seems like snap on is bending you over the barrel like no other without lube. I was just reading on ae you can log up to 9 values at once. I think I've made up my own mind on ae. Nobody mentioned any other scan tools other than snap on's.

I have an auto enguinity ford enhanced scanner and a snap on solus ultra. I notice myself going to the snap on more often that the AE because its so much faster to boot up and etc but they both do the same data and stuff more or less

Ryan

The ethos must be a piece of crap I guess... Speed isn't an issue for me, this is just for my own use. I just want access to all of my sensors, all codes, and logging live data. I'm not sure how much the solus is, but the about $2000 my co-worker has in the ethos and it doesn't even connect to all vehicles completely seems like quite the rip off to me. I was originally looking at an actron scanner that is suppose to read live data, but I doubt it can do all ae can do for not much more.

Hmmm, so they're lying? It said live data... O well a lot of products don't do what they're suppose to do anyhow. Is there anything else comparable to the snap on tools or ae?

The actron does limited generic data which is basically stuff shared between gas and diesel. AE would be my choice

Ryan

Back