High tech HTB2 or ATS Aurora 3000??

00farmcummins

I have a 2000 dodge 5.9l with a few upgrades and im looking on making more horsepower and the only way i can think to go is to upgrade to an aftermarket turbo from my stock one i have now. I have 75hp injectors, smarty, ts performance mvp, intake system, 4in exhaust and a few other modifications. I talked to people both at high tech turbo and ats. High tech turbo suggested their htb2 series with a 12cm exhaust and a 62mm compressor. Ats suggested their aurora 3000 system. Was wondering what you guys thought or if you had any pros or cons on these two turbos or if you would recomend somthing else. Thanks

would that bolt strait on because another thing i noticed is that high tech turbo made their turbos diffrent where they bend down to the exhaust so you would have to buy their custom exhaust downpipe which is and extra $190.

would that bolt strait on because another thing i noticed is that high tech turbo made their turbos diffrent where they bend down to the exhaust so you would have to buy their custom exhaust downpipe which is and extra $190.

Not sure what you're talking about here, have a picture?
All s300 turbos require a new downpipe, all take the same hx40 style down pipe. ATS probably requires a new one too. Garrett uses an adapter.

i ment would the he351 still bolt strait on with out recquireing a new down pipe i know that most aftermarket turbos..... does anybody know anything about the bd super b turbos i talked to xtreme diesel and thats what they reccomended.

super B single is the same as an S300G.... and they change almost nothing, i gaurantee if you do some looking you will find one way cheaper then from BD

Aurora 3000 is a 57/63, HTB2 62 will be 62/65. Its up to you, depends how much power you want to make. Neither turbo is very large though, so if you ever plan on more fuel you should consider something larger.

Id go with HTT as they are real good about taking care of ya and you can upgrade to a larger one later if needed. Plus they are wastegated!

4" off the turbo sounds better though !!!

maybe talk to chris @ Engineered diesel.... they build a 62/68 12/13/14 (whatever you want for an exhaust housing) that spools up like the 65mm turbine buyt flows like the 71mm turbine....

if i were shopping for turbo's again that's what i would be buying... i'm dissapointed in this 65mm turbine and 12cm housing with my new injectors... stock injectors and no plate it was awsome.... i'm lookin to either sell this turbo or wrangle up some piping and hang an ht60 under it for junkyard twins.... maybe an S400 if i can get the right $

Back