Yet another 6.4 build in a Mega cab though

That's good to hear. I'll call tomorrow then so I can get the pistons here.

Compression was a concern too. I meant to put it in the top I wanted to stay at stock. So I'll cut that out too! The original 6.4 that was in the truck was supposedly lower compression and hated the cold. I'd rather not have that on this one. I'll have to look at the converter again but I wanna say the stall was higher. It was written on it just didn't take note. The original owner daily drove and towed with the truck on a 476/87.

I haven't had a sway bar in probably 4 years now. Coming in and out of trails or roads is super smooth. Towed aross the country without one and never had any issues.

I drove for two years without one when I used to off-road my 12V a lot more. Not that it sees a lot more of 80mph, I tossed it back on, and the whole truck feels so much more nimble. I've been meaning to make quick disconnects for a while now!

I'll get the Carli one sooner or later. Definitely don't have to pay attention as much with one on. Between this one and my quad cab on 20" rims and 420's, it rides like a Cadillac. My quad cab is like driving a cinder block.

Tons of time and money in the suspenion just to get that ride though :bang

Last edited:
Here's the backside of the TC. Guessing 17xx is stall.
E44DAA8D-750C-4E34-BAD2-2EF962BA71B5_zpsiepojbdv.jpg

1800 is stock. I run around 1600, but with lower compression, I'd assume you'd want to be around 2000-2200. Trans temps go up quick without lockup with high stalls though.

Adding that to the BS list and fix that as well. Terrified to have the trans gone through and seeing what's in there.

Another thing I came stock when disassembling noticed this. A miss match of valves. Throughout the head. Was going to order all new heavy duty sets and the HD "O" stamped Marine valve from Enterprise but going to leave that up to them. Correct me if I'm wrong though but left to right and the corresponding spot they came from in he background.

Stock exhaust valve, Inconel exhaust valve, stoke intake valve?
5F5910B5-6837-4E8E-A56F-05173EC9BC4A_zps5e62a806.jpg
828A68F6-8DD0-47E8-9F65-B93709EFF326_zpsnntyisru.jpg

I should have just parked my other truck and done the work on it. Was looking for a mega cab at the time and found this thing. Definitely got got on this one. Not giving up yet haha

Was looking at his site last night. Transmission, I hope it's has what it's suppose to inside but either way the whole thing is going to be gone through and refreshed so will have them mess with anything that needs changing.

Was doing some research about girdles and main studs a while back. Decided I was gonna run the stock stiffener and just main studs. Was seeing conflicting things about the stock stiffener needing clearancing even with the ARP mains that are meant for use with the stocker, so clearanced it for peice of mind. Then I got another one to use to stiffen it back up since I drilled it. Should be good either way now. Think it turned out good for just learning to weld off YouTube.

6A5B15D2-7DBE-4613-82C1-DA76182A252B_zpsasquwapi.jpg

6D1E4798-0800-4C1C-82EC-7D9CE81650C9_zpsudefvj68.jpg

68FAA689-DAB7-488B-9F92-72CBD9D98DF8_zpsk8tulh8c.jpg

And got the pistons in! OEM qsb's. Still waiting on the rods but should be done soon. And will have everything dropped off by the 29th!
AC25B7AE-8EFE-4870-ABB2-8B711583E1E6_zpskpbg6e6a.jpg

Gonna bump this up close to John's shop truck build thread with some more of his awesome Muldoon's Diesel Performance transmission work. Almost a shame to hide it under the truck.

27 Spline Fat Shaft Input
Maraging Intermediate
29 Spline Fat Shaft Output
Suncoast Billet Flexplate
DPC Quad Disc Converter,
Additional Overdrive Brake and Direct Clutches
Billet 4 Ring Servo,
Billet 4.2 Apply Lever
Bllet 4 Ring Accumulator
48re Drum
Pcs Valve Body
Machined transfer case input shaft

DD85E520-2BCF-4EB5-8941-EA146125C505_zpscy2sfnxp.jpg

At this point I'm just waiting on the engine. Had a set back with the head I provided having too many cracks and had to hunt down a good replacement. Then get it to the machine shop in PA. They've also been waiting on a lot of stuff I was having powered coated.

Also got the Dynomite Diesel injectors in but waiting on one of their 12mm pumps that's on back order. .

Paper weight
FD38FD74-FA83-498A-8A32-197E27AD720D_zpsvaeuchxf.jpg

Picked up a new s484 primary as well.
9115FAB2-FFD5-4381-9AC9-A07EBB4C67B7_zps0wwmnwvs.jpg

Looking good buddy. I applaud you for your restraint and composure after so many "surprises".
Peaces of $h!T who built and sold you the soup sandwich are what is wrong in the diesel performance industry. Wish I would have been able to give you a heads up before you purchased. POS tried selling it to me too. I learned after the first experience not to trust anything with that name on it.

Oh on another note talk to Drew and a few of the other big guys. They're all going back to stock Cummins dampers FWIW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gonna bump this up close to John's shop truck build thread with some more of his awesome Muldoon's Diesel Performance transmission work. Almost a shame to hide it under the truck.

27 Spline Fat Shaft Input
Maraging Intermediate
29 Spline Fat Shaft Output
Suncoast Billet Flexplate
DPC Quad Disc Converter,
Additional Overdrive Brake and Direct Clutches
Billet 4 Ring Servo,
Billet 4.2 Apply Lever
Bllet 4 Ring Accumulator
48re Drum
Pcs Valve Body
Machined transfer case input shaft

DD85E520-2BCF-4EB5-8941-EA146125C505_zpscy2sfnxp.jpg

At this point I'm just waiting on the engine. Had a set back with the head I provided having too many cracks and had to hunt down a good replacement. Then get it to the machine shop in PA. They've also been waiting on a lot of stuff I was having powered coated.

Also got the Dynomite Diesel injectors in but waiting on one of their 12mm pumps that's on back order. .

Paper weight
FD38FD74-FA83-498A-8A32-197E27AD720D_zpsvaeuchxf.jpg

Picked up a new s484 primary as well.
9115FAB2-FFD5-4381-9AC9-A07EBB4C67B7_zps0wwmnwvs.jpg

What size DDP injectors did you get? Did you take advantage of their sales?

I luckily got one of their 12 mm pumps right before they were back ordered.

Looking good buddy. I applaud you for your restraint and composure after so many "surprises".
Peaces of $h!T who built and sold you the soup sandwich are what is wrong in the diesel performance industry. Wish I would have been able to give you a heads up before you purchased. POS tried selling it to me too. I learned after the first experience not to trust anything with that name on it.

We talked about this and you know my grief. It will hopefully be done right now.

Oh on another note talk to Drew and a few of the other big guys. They're all going back to stock Cummins dampers FWIW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like to know why, I'm guessing because the stock damper is damn near the same as the fluid? And the cost isn't justified

What size DDP injectors did you get? Did you take advantage of their sales?

I luckily got one of their 12 mm pumps right before they were back ordered.

I did, saved like 1k by taking advantage of that. Yeah from what they told me they are back ordered for an unknown amount of time. I have two stock pumps I'll just run till then. Here is the sheet from ddp. They measure differently then most do with %.

884EBD0B-F789-4FB7-9024-C71B1E54F5C2_zpsvahbtzui.jpg

So how much of that trans was what had been stated was there?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Well it had some billet small parts and a billet input, that's about it. John said everything was in awesome shape though when he took it apart but that really didn't matter.

Last edited:
Back