Do all the Trans mod you can
High presssure valve body
6.0 trans cooler
Pull front cover KDP
change belt and hoses any thing to leave you stranded
Exhaust brake and springs are a must
Muffler
loose the body lift
wire the trailer pigtail on a relay circut to take the load off the headlight switch (Have the light go out in the middle of the night is not fun )
Viair Compressor setup to air the tires up or change a tire
a 3 ton floor jack or bottle jack
jumper cables
change to a better filter setup possible a remote mount on the fuel setup
or carry spare fuel filters
boost and pyro
I would also recomend a triple disc converter (personal prefance really )
may be this will help

wow that is a lot of great input i guess i need to do some thinking now, one on the things i was thinking is 100k on those tires,,and i was ok with front end work yearly ,, the truck seems to sit alot better up that high but i have not drove it down the road yet

they say it does not hurt the gears or trans if you run those tires i'm not sure what to think about that.

They do last for ever that's for sure! But their stupidly heavy lol we hauled my chevy cummins on a several hr trip a couple months ago. it was the first real load he had pulled since the 22.5s and getting on the highway trying to get up to speed you notice a big power loss trying to get the wheels rolling. He has even said before, "that he loves them for the looks but would never recommend them to anyone!"

Last edited:
yes i am now thinking not such a great idea due to i have 3.55 gears and from what i was told those tires won;t even work for ten miles running 255/70 22.5 with my 3:55 gears
i had read up on alot of this and some people have ran those 22.5 tires with 3:55 gears but could not get up to speed on the highway at all
one other guy said the rear end would fall apart with in ten miles pulling my big trailer any input on this info??????

If you really want to pull a 40 ft trailer weekly and have 22.5 tires, you should get a semi truck. The gears in the trans, torque of the engine, and brakes are all going to be an improvement over what dodge. offered

yae i have one,, see i own a cabover kw with a 53 ft 15 horse tralier and for the last two years it has had just 8 or 9 horses weekly in it for the trip i run,, so i saw what other companys started doing and i went out and got a 40 ft 9 horse with a dodge cummins to save on all things insure?? is so much less and fuel should be much less ,, and cost to run this rig is just less . so that how i got to where i'm at now just trying to fix some some things and get those wheels making me money

the big reason is the trailer sits down 3" in the front on the dodge 2 wheel drive and i have done a 2'' block under springs in back and 2 ' lift in front already, there is no other way other than bigger tires or change trailer with a other one that sits lower i am not wanting to do that this trailer has a great stall set up. i could go to a 4500 dodeg but i really would like to run a few trips with this truck and see what see has. it is my frst cummins ever chevy man mostly,

yae i have one,, see i own a cabover kw with a 53 ft 15 horse tralier and for the last two years it has had just 8 or 9 horses weekly in it for the trip i run,, so i saw what other companys started doing and i went out and got a 40 ft 9 horse with a dodge cummins to save on all things insure?? is so much less and fuel should be much less ,, and cost to run this rig is just less . so that how i got to where i'm at now just trying to fix some some things and get those wheels making me money

For what you're doing the KW has a lower operating cost than a pickup will. If you're hauling horses for other people you must have all the trucking credentials and insurance for either rig. You can take from me and others here or from the first DOT officer that checks you out.

It will definitely knock it down some. Loose the body lift or you will see issues with cooling since the fan isn't pulling air threw the entire radiator and intercooler.

thanks man i neede to know that. hey i just saw a deal a on a hole set wheel adapters for 300.oo and six tires and wheel almost new firestone 255 70 r22.5 tire and wheel 150, each what do you all think try is out for that cost or what

Mind as well just do it, and whatever else you plan on doing, because you obviously aren't here for anything else but to try to have others justify your purchases.

thanks man i neede to know that. hey i just saw a deal a on a hole set wheel adapters for 300.oo and six tires and wheel almost new firestone 255 70 r22.5 tire and wheel 150, each what do you all think try is out for that cost or what

Seriously everyone that's posted has said not to run the 22.5 tire. You obviously don't want our opinions. If you think its such a better idea then what everyone here has suggested then do it but don't come back here complaining about no power, burnt trans, or the rear end is burnt up from having to big a gear in the truck and those stupid tires. Your obviously not very mechanically inclined or you would realize this. I would stop listening to who ever you are out side of this site if they are saying your truck won't be affected by these tires because they don't know anything either.

well i guess i will go to a BETTER site there really are some REAL WINNERS ON THIS SITE LOL you all need alot of help talking to people the way you do anyways,. GOD BLESS YOU ALL!! you'll need it

Back