07 6.7 won't start

R.A.M.

07 6.7 auto that will not turn over when you try to start. I'm not getting power from the switch to the starter.
Here are the codes I got when i hooked the lap top up and scanned it
U0100
U0141

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks

Can you turn it over my energizing the starter manually with key on? Ie take a wire and connect the small 's' wire to pos '+' on battery momentarily to turn it over.

Have you cleaned your batt posts lately? you would be shocked at how a little corrosion messes with starting a truck

Is the red theft light on in the cluster? Try jumping the yellow wire to battery and if it runs, its probably the key skim.

Mine did the same thing. Ended up being a fried ECM. Every time we hooked the computer up it would say.cannot comunicate. Could be the skim. But like I Said mine did the same thing and I ended up buying a used ECM and got h&s to program it to my truck. Good luck with it.

Mine did the same thing. Ended up being a fried ECM. Every time we hooked the computer up it would say.cannot comunicate. Could be the skim. But like I Said mine did the same thing and I ended up buying a used ECM and got h&s to program it to my truck. Good luck with it.

After getting the truck here at the shop we hooked the laptop up and found that it was a bad ecm. I located a good used one out of another 07 6.7 auto. Will we need to use a h&s to program it to the truck or will it work since its the same year?

thanks

After getting the truck here at the shop we hooked the laptop up and found that it was a bad ecm. I located a good used one out of another 07 6.7 auto. Will we need to use a h&s to program it to the truck or will it work since its the same year?

thanks

Sorry about not responding sooner. I tried to pm you but my post count wasn't high enough. :( here is what I was told.
It may work. If they are identical trucks. Some times I am told the injector #'s do not match up and some one will have to reprogram it. The reason I had h and s program mine was because I bought the ECM from them and I had them write me a tune right away and install it on their bench before they sent It. I'm thinking you might get lucky tho if, like I said , everything is identical. ie....... Engine brake, 68rfe, a/c power windows........ etc..... let me know how it goes.

You need to have it programmed so the VIN # in the ECM matches the one in the PCM. Best bet is just take it to the dealer to have them program it unless you can flash it with EFILive.

Tobin

You need to have it programmed so the VIN # in the ECM matches the one in the PCM. Best bet is just take it to the dealer to have them program it unless you can flash it with EFILive.

Tobin

Thanks for pointing that out. I totally had a brain fart :doh: was a long night on the ambulance. Some one with star scan, efi live, or any company who have the ability to write an ECM tune can do it. If you can talk them into it. Some times you will still have codes due to the wrong injector codes. Like Tobin said the dealer is the best bet if possible.

Back