fuel pump

There sure has been ALOT of talk on aftermarket fuel pumps lately.
I dont understand why the 24 valve guys want to go to a 12v mechanical lift pump and the 12 valve guys want to go to an electric pump.

I did the best of both worlds. I just put a Holley blue on the frame rail and left the mechanical lift pump.
The Holley is between $100-$125 at AutoZone, Advance or Murrays.

There are alot of guys running BIG power with just the mechanical.

smokejunky said:
when should you change to a after market fuel system like a fass system :poke:

get a fuel pressure gauge to at least use to check your pressure periodically and when you are running your truck down the road and you can no longer maintain good pressure to the pump example my truck I have good pressure around 20 psi fuel pressure at idle and close to 40 psi at 2000rpms but at WOT I drop to 8psi so that tells me that I need a pusher pump system like Fass ect. to supply my pump do to my injectors and dv's dumping to much fuel for stock set up.

Now there are many way to do this you can do the aeromotive pump or holley blue and buy the fuel line fittings ect. or by a Fass or equivalent system. The reason guys so go Fass or equivalent is this one you get all the fittings and lines ect. then you get a extra filter to help filter the fuel. Then you have the choice of going Fass the eliminates the stock lift pump or the one's that keep it a benefit to the one that keeps the stock lift pump is that if the fass stop working you still got the stock to get you by in a emergency.

never go to a elec pump.keep the stock and put a lot bigger filter and housing.do away with the heater and housing.drawstraw and 1/2 inch lines.vulcan performance will help you.talk to eric.i also put a new fuel pump from cummins.82.00.thanks

Back