Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech > 98-02 2nd Gen.
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2018, 11:28 AM   #1
wideopen

Name: wideopen
Title: Slum Lord
Member`s Gallery
P1689 P0216 and P1690

Truck starts fine and idles fine. but when you give it fuel, it free revs up to about 1200 RPM then when you push the skinny pedal it goes back to normal Idle as long as you hold the pedal at any resistance.

Of course I'm leaning towards a bad VP...But wanted to get your opinion? I've pulled the relay and swapped with another with no change.

TIA

Hellmann Performance ~ Keating Machine ~ Engineered Diesel ~ Mumau Diesel ~ GoGo Diesel ~ Hamilton Cams ~ Diesel Innovations ~ Grand Rock Exhaust ~ Smarty

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Molon labe
#FTCS

Old 01-24-2018, 11:59 AM   #2
dieselbeef

Name: dieselbeef
Title: dick doggin
Member`s Gallery
always check the apps while yer at it...the voltage out the back,,but the code is doom

01 2500 4x4 quad cab all stock/drag comp

07.5 3500 4x4 dually 4 dr 6.7 d&j extreme, fleece cheetah, gorend triple, cat filters,

rip wrongway...

Old 01-24-2018, 12:14 PM   #3
wideopen

Member`s Gallery
Check the apps? Sorry I’m not fluent in VP speech.

Hellmann Performance ~ Keating Machine ~ Engineered Diesel ~ Mumau Diesel ~ GoGo Diesel ~ Hamilton Cams ~ Diesel Innovations ~ Grand Rock Exhaust ~ Smarty

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Molon labe
#FTCS

Old 01-24-2018, 12:31 PM   #4
dieselbeef

Name: dieselbeef
Title: dick doggin
Member`s Gallery
throttle position sensor has a rheostat on the back..mopar man 1973 has a good writeup on it..or blue chip diesel can help troubleshoot it also

01 2500 4x4 quad cab all stock/drag comp

07.5 3500 4x4 dually 4 dr 6.7 d&j extreme, fleece cheetah, gorend triple, cat filters,

rip wrongway...

Old 01-24-2018, 11:24 PM   #5
cummin get it

Name: cummin get it
Title: coal train
Member`s Gallery
Apps absolute pedal position sensor. Mine did the same **** with a bad apps.

01 3.0 pull. Home of scrap iron.

Old 01-25-2018, 05:11 AM   #6
zstroken

Name: zstroken
Title: For $$$ your name here
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cummin get it View Post
Apps absolute pedal position sensor. Mine did the same **** with a bad apps.

APPS=Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor, to be technical.
24V P-Pump Mafia member #1(retired)

Thanks to Mumau Diesel, Goerend Transmission, Northeast Diesel Service!

Old 01-28-2018, 06:43 PM   #8
wideopen

Member`s Gallery
OK after messing with this thing I can only get the P1689 all the other codes are gone.

I've been using the Mopar1973Mans Bible to shoot this code.

Quote:
5. Ensure ignition is off and FPCM harness connector and ECM harness connector are still disconnected. Using DVOM, measure resistance of White wire between terminal No. 2 on FPCM harness connector and terminal No. 13 on ECM harness connector. If resistance is less than 5 ohms, go to next step. If resistance is 5 ohms or greater, repair open or high resistance in White wire between FPCM and ECM.
Done this and have 1 ohm of resistance so I'm good there.

Quote:
6. Ensure ignition is off and FPCM harness connector and ECM harness connector are still disconnected. Using DVOM, measure resistance between ground and terminal No. 2 (White wire) on FPCM connector. If resistance is 5 ohms or greater, go to next step. If resistance is less than 5 ohms, repair short to ground in White wire between FPCM and ECM.
Now If I'm reading this correctly this wire should be grounded Correct??

I have no Ground with this test.

Molon labe
#FTCS

Old 01-29-2018, 07:31 AM   #9
wideopen

Member`s Gallery
Can someone with a 24V that is running correctly check to see if they have a ground on this Pin?

Molon labe
#FTCS

Old 01-29-2018, 08:09 AM   #10
jlbayes

Name: jlbayes
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
No you should not have a ground there. You ideally want it open to ground based on the way they wrote that fault tree.

Old 01-29-2018, 08:26 AM   #11
wideopen

Member`s Gallery
OK Thanks. I was reading it wrong. Looks like time to replace parts.

Molon labe
#FTCS

Closed Thread