Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Drag Racing
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Drag Racing Where ALL Racers are Welcome- From ET Bracket, all the way to ProStreet and Top Diesel!

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 10:14 PM   #61
Burner

Name: Burner
Title: slow poke
Member`s Gallery
If chemicals are needed (large quantity)..... contact me.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:55 PM   #62
John Robinson

Name: John Robinson
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner View Post
If chemicals are needed (large quantity)..... contact me.
Help getting chemicals or shipping from europe? elaborate please.

Old 03-09-2008, 11:03 PM   #63
toolmanoffroad

Name: toolmanoffroad
Title: Dont tread on me
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
I couldnt find anything on saberchem? Got a link or #
Ill post up His number tomorrow.. Be sure to tell him that Aaron from "Extreme off road" sent ya!

he also sells fuel lube, and upper lube for water meth injection....

Old 03-09-2008, 11:09 PM   #64
nwpadmax

Name: nwpadmax
Title: Turbo Geek
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledpuller View Post
Careful with fuel mixing boys, because the day is coming, when the techs are going to dip yer fuel, and you will be watching from the stands, or worse, DQd, after you win.

You may as well add sparkplugs and turn it into a alky motor, which is about a 1/2 step away from a few of the V-8 "diesel' racers right now.

DIESEL means something.

Well, I know where you're coming from on this Gene, but I think all of the sanctioning bodies would do well to better define what they want. Most state:

"Pump diesel (#1/#2) or bio only".

Doesn't say what % the "pump" portion is. Almost everyone I know runs some additive, say for example, Stanadyne. So if I take my tank of "pump" fuel (which is legal) and add some Stanadyne to it (which is also legal because it is not prohibited), then I consider it legal.

So what if some guy figures out that running 50% "pump" and 50% Stanadyne gives more power? Sounds like that's OK too. What about 90% additive?

I guess I'd like to know what NADM (and others) think about this. Because, as you well know, until you define what's illegal and in what %, and have a way to reliably test it, then the fuel doctoring will continue.

I think policing fuel is going to be pretty tough since the cocktails are gonna be tough to determine what they are. You'd have to take whatever tools you have and test them on a wide range of dino/bio mixtures, then add some cetane and do everything over. I'd be real interested in seeing if the data are reliable from whatever methods are out there.

Last edited by nwpadmax; 03-09-2008 at 11:13 PM.

Old 03-09-2008, 11:46 PM   #65
COMP461

Name: COMP461
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Trust me, its real easy to police , but I’m never telling

We have played the fuel game for 20 years in comp. Comp racers find power; the tech guys find a way to detect it. , comp racers find a masking agent, the tech guys once again figure that out also. During the Rat Poison days in Pro Stock and Comp hot fuel with all the tricks and masking agents was about $500 a gallon. Cheap if you were 20 hp down on the field and need a few hundredths. But in the end NHRA fixed it with a spec fuel that was necessary to keep the playing fields level. . Every one in a performance based class, was required to buy or was given the exact same fuel out of the same lot number drums. This fuel was out of date a weekend later and cost $15 a gallon. V.P. C 25 .
It’s very easy to dip the tank or have a test tap on the car in a easy to get to location. It’s in the NHRA rule book now in Pro Stock, comp, Super Stock, and Stock. You use a dielectric meter to test, and a color strip to check that the color of the fuel is still the same. If you unsure you run a spectrograph on the fuel, it’s relatively easy.

It’s very simple, and if you really want the straight up details, it is more beneficial to a fixed timing mechanical pump program. The Electronic engines have the ability to gain back a high percentage

Old 03-10-2008, 08:59 AM   #66
quarterman

Name: quarterman
Title: Georgia diesel mafia
Member`s Gallery
keating been stocking sabre-chem for a couple of years now not a big news flash as this thread seems to be pointing out. contact him at keating machine

Last edited by quarterman; 03-10-2008 at 09:02 AM.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:06 AM   #67
Timbeaux

Name: Timbeaux
Title: Administrator and Head Thread Derailer
Member`s Gallery
Darren, Keating has all sorts of stuff in that shop that most people would think is a news flash Don't tell all the secrets!!
NO LIMIT FAB, DIESEL SOUTH, DC CUSTOMS
Quote:
"I just love everything about racing. I wanna race every single day. Its nothing for me to be cutting grass and the neighbor hoss the gas on his mower, and there we are, lined up in the the middle of the street." - Stevie KillinTime Jackson
"Against stupidity, the gods themselves fight unvictorious."

Old 03-10-2008, 09:09 AM   #68
alexlaughlin

Name: alexlaughlin
Title: Cool
Member`s Gallery
We have been dyno testing our new additives... We have several different levels. The hottest stuff we have is unbelievably more powerful than ANYTHING on the market. It still has great amount of lubricity as well. I cant say any numbers yet but its amazing! All this still depends on what our associations (NADM, DHRA, etc) want to do for the fuel though.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:23 AM   #69
9 LIVES

Name: 9 LIVES
Title: Demolition Expert
Member`s Gallery
Sabre-Chem Incorporated
PO Box 140296
Broken Arrow, OK 74014
Phone: (918) 587-1555

Heads I win, tails you lose....
-Lee-

Old 03-10-2008, 11:20 AM   #70
Fletcher

Name: Fletcher
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlaughlin View Post
We have been dyno testing our new additives... We have several different levels. The hottest stuff we have is unbelievably more powerful than ANYTHING on the market. It still has great amount of lubricity as well. I cant say any numbers yet but its amazing! All this still depends on what our associations (NADM, DHRA, etc) want to do for the fuel though.

! Mass burned fraction cycle variations are altered in HCCI from carbon chain dynamics. You ether rob from the top to feed the bottom even with 2ethyl-nitrite enrichments......

Where did your conbustion data go?

Old 03-10-2008, 02:51 PM   #71
Big Thumper

Name: Big Thumper
Title: N2O Pusher
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlaughlin View Post
I'd be interested in seeing your lubricity data and engine dyno test results as well.

Old 03-12-2008, 02:27 PM   #72
Fletcher

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Thumper View Post
I'd be interested in seeing your lubricity data and engine dyno test results as well.
I'll drive down and by you steak if objective data's disiminate

Old 03-12-2008, 03:05 PM   #73
Dalpilot

Name: Dalpilot
Title: Joe Nobody!
Member`s Gallery
I have burned about half of the Hiperfuel that they sent me, and so far I like it. I cannot say that I am getting a whole bunch better performance for sure. Butt o meter says its got a little more kick. They say it smokes less, but that would be a big no! its got a 63 cetane rating and is supposed to burn hotter, but one thing that has me perplexed is my EGT's have dropped almost 150??????

Old 03-12-2008, 03:13 PM   #74
Fletcher

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalpilot View Post
I have burned about half of the Hiperfuel that they sent me, and so far I like it. I cannot say that I am getting a whole bunch better performance for sure. Butt o meter says its got a little more kick. They say it smokes less, but that would be a big no! its got a 63 cetane rating and is supposed to burn hotter, but one thing that has me perplexed is my EGT's have dropped almost 150??????
ref.#70 I've mixed for 5 years, yes. I'm a mixer

Old 03-12-2008, 08:19 PM   #75
Burner

Member`s Gallery
Da, get a G-Tech (sp) and see if anything changes.

Old 03-12-2008, 09:12 PM   #76
Scooter's Roofing

Name: Scooter's Roofing
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
this is so cool... furthur evidence that we are really all on the edge of a movement and a sport...

reminds me of listening to old school guys talking about hydrazine!

Old 03-12-2008, 10:45 PM   #77
Burner

Member`s Gallery
you said N2H4. ......silly rabbit, tricks are for kids.

Old 03-13-2008, 01:42 AM   #78
Big Thumper

Name: Big Thumper
Title: N2O Pusher
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletcher View Post
I'll drive down and by you steak if objective data's disiminate
And I'd buy the drinks.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:41 AM   #79
Fletcher

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner View Post
you said N2H4. ......silly rabbit, tricks are for kids.
SNAKE OIL from the tent

Closed Thread