Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Pit Area- OFF TOPIC FORUMS > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Seller/Buyer Feedback
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2018, 09:50 PM   #41
CatDieselPower

Name: CatDieselPower
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Nixon View Post
Then you need to resolve your negative balance with PayPal and Sanger gets his funds back.
That's what's holding it all up.

Mark.
I agree, and if he had just kept the $432 in the PayPal account instead of pulling it out before the part was delivered, the buyer could have got his refund back right away.

Old 08-29-2018, 05:23 AM   #42
TheBac

Name: TheBac
Title: UPS guy
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmega3500 View Post
I don't have GMC or Chevy parts so no need to worry yourself over nothing!

I'd be more worried about your union boss if I were you!
We dont need any more sellers like that on our side anyways.
Dont get me started on the contract.

2017 Buick Regal 2.0T -- the DD

Old 08-29-2018, 05:31 AM   #43
Red Sleeper

Name: Red Sleeper
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatDieselPower View Post
I agree, and if he had just kept the $432 in the PayPal account instead of pulling it out before the part was delivered, the buyer could have got his refund back right away.

He needed the money to help pay for that valve body he recently purchased.
'91 Cummins w350 5spd

Old 08-29-2018, 08:44 AM   #44
Phooker

Name: Phooker
Title: Gluten Free
Member`s Gallery
I'm not sure I follow why everybody is all upset. The issue with this is that it's tied up in Paypals antiquated and lethargic dispute system. If it was person to person transfer/refund it would be done already, but a dispute was file. Granted, the seller felt that was what was best given the lack of communication. I don't see how anything BlackMega did was wrong, besides his self admitted poor communication. The delay in the buyer getting his money back has nothing to do with not having the money, not having the money in paypal or the like.

On a side note, I'm in Lake Charles and fairly interested in the hood.

Last edited by Phooker; 08-29-2018 at 08:51 AM.

Old 08-29-2018, 08:59 AM   #45
9724VF350

Name: 9724VF350
Title: Tractor Guy
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phooker View Post
I'm not sure I follow why everybody is all upset. The issue with this is that it's tied up in Paypals antiquated and lethargic dispute system. Granted, the seller felt that was what was best given the lack of communication. I don't see how anything BlackMega did was wrong, besides his self admitted poor communication. The delay in the buyer getting his money back has nothing to do with not having the money, not having the money in paypal or the like.

On a side note, I'm in Lake Charles and fairly interested in the hood.
Exactly. Lots of dog piled bleach drink going on in here. If he in some other way pays the guy back, and paypal finally goes through, the buyer gets double refunded and maybe he just says "fukk him, I'm keeping it".

If you expect the seller to cough up a extra $100 because of the shippers fukk up, and/or you're not willing to drive 15 miles to pick it up to resolve that issue, you're part of the problem.

Wife's ride-03 Excursion 12V swap in the works.

Old 08-29-2018, 09:05 AM   #46
Phooker

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9724VF350 View Post
Exactly. Lots of dog piled bleach drink going on in here. If he in some other way pays the guy back, and paypal finally goes through, the buyer gets double refunded and maybe he just says "fukk him, I'm keeping it".

If you expect the seller to cough up a extra $100 because of the shippers fukk up, and/or you're not willing to drive 15 miles to pick it up to resolve that issue, you're part of the problem.
That's kind of what I was thinking on the shipping part too. Who isn't gonna drive 15 miles to go pick it up. Hell I'd rather do that than put it through another set of hands.

Old 08-29-2018, 09:10 AM   #47
biggy238

Name: biggy238
Member`s Gallery
Glad to see some rational thought happening here in the last few posts.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

05.5 Campanella White TDi Jetta 5spd 45.5MPG
-Little Sexy
'10 Silver F250 CCLB 4X4 6.4L cummins Swapped
Insta @trash.panda250

Old 08-29-2018, 09:43 AM   #48
4x4dually

Name: 4x4dually
Title: Moderator
Member`s Gallery
Well, that was an interesting four pages of reading. I should have scheduled a colonoscopy.

"There are people far less intelligent than you making a living doing this stuff." - Jeff Mumau

Old 08-29-2018, 10:08 AM   #49
Sanger

Name: Sanger
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9724VF350 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phooker View Post
That's kind of what I was thinking on the shipping part too. Who isn't gonna drive 15 miles to go pick it up. Hell I'd rather do that than put it through another set of hands.
This issue is in PayPal hands now. I’m waiting out the 11 days to get my money back, should be sometime next week.

As stated before Blackmega3500 told me this hood was shipped and the shipper return it back to him, due to no declare value. He end up using a different shipping company the second time he told me the broker wrote the ticket wrong after he paid $230 for shipping and insurance. It wasn’t about driving to a terminal to pick the hood up, I felt paying another $100 for shipping wasn’t right. Paying $330 for shipping on a $350 hood didn’t make since to me, that’s why I told him to get his hood back and just return the money and who knows if something else wouldn’t have happened with the shipping company.

I posted on here because of poor communication on his part, as soon as I posted he responded which is all I wanted to know is what was going on. I just wanted to make sure the money was going to be returned and this seem to have worked.

Last edited by Sanger; 08-29-2018 at 10:13 AM.

Old 08-29-2018, 10:13 AM   #50
Phooker

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanger View Post
This issue is in PayPal hands now. I’m waiting out the 11 days to get my money back, should be sometime next week.

As stated before Blackmega3500 told me this hood was shipped and the shipper return it back to him, due to no declare value. He end up using a different shipping company the second time he told me the broker wrote the ticket wrong after he paid $230 for shipping and insurance. It wasn’t about driving to a terminal to pick the hood up, I felt paying another $100 for shipping wasn’t right. Paying $330 for shipping on a $350 hood didn’t make since to me, that’s why I told him to get his hood back and just return the money and who knows if something else wouldn’t have happened with the shipping company.

I posted on here because of poor communication on his part, as soon as I posted he responded which is all I wanted to know is what was going on. I just wanted to make sure the money was going to be returned and this seem to have worked.
Yea, as the buyer through Paypal, you're automatically in the right for whatever reason, in their eyes and they'll pull funds from the seller almost immediately. It really sucks, as the burden of proof is then upon the seller to prove one way or the other if they are wronged.

Old 08-29-2018, 10:41 AM   #51
9724VF350

Name: 9724VF350
Title: Tractor Guy
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanger View Post
Paying $330 for shipping on a $350 hood didn’t make since to me, .
I hear this bullsh!t all the time. (In whiney voice) "shipping cost as much or more than my part" Fine. I"ll charge you more for your parts next time. problem solved.

Wife's ride-03 Excursion 12V swap in the works.

Old 08-29-2018, 11:51 AM   #52
Snedge

Name: Snedge
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Communication screwed the deal up. Plain and simple.

It wouldn't seem as bad if Mega wasn't on here all the time making it look like he has nothing else to do.

I completely understand that he's not a business, but communication is a basic responsibility when transactions don't go smooth.

Old 08-29-2018, 12:13 PM   #53
RonA

Name: RonA
Member`s Gallery
I get pissed off when the mail lady drives up to the house to drop off a package but still leaves the mail down at the box.

Old 08-29-2018, 12:24 PM   #54
bracker8040

Name: bracker8040
Member`s Gallery
I should have remembered what my dad told me multiple times growing up, “If you aren’t part of the problem, or part of the solution, stay out of it.”
I’ll be the first to say to BlackMega that I’m sorry for contribution to this thread. It didn’t involve me, so......

Old 08-29-2018, 01:14 PM   #55
CorneliusRox

Name: CorneliusRox
Title: Seasoned Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonA View Post
I get pissed off when the mail lady drives up to the house to drop off a package but still leaves the mail down at the box.
Man... They do that at my house too! Drives me crazy!

Old 08-29-2018, 01:15 PM   #56
mhuggler

Name: mhuggler
Title: One piece at a time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonA View Post
I deal with the same lack of common sense at my place.
2002 2500 4x4 ETH/DEE-F1 Mach 5's/62/65/12/Smarty/ATS Ex.manifold/AFE intake/TST Comp./.020 marine gasket/o-ringed/ARP studs/5"stacks/Airdog 150/Isspro guages/Southbend 3600 DD/3.54 gears/leveling kit/Bilstein 5100frt,5150rr/37" BFG A/T's on 18" Eagle 114's/Borgeson SS/DSS

Old 08-29-2018, 01:15 PM   #57
Phooker

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorneliusRox View Post
Man... They do that at my house too! Drives me crazy!
What's the point? I'm glad my USPS driver isn't an idiot.

Old 08-29-2018, 01:56 PM   #58
Snedge

Name: Snedge
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bracker8040 View Post
I should have remembered what my dad told me multiple times growing up, “If you aren’t part of the problem, or part of the solution, stay out of it.”
I’ll be the first to say to BlackMega that I’m sorry for contribution to this thread. It didn’t involve me, so......

Come on man, it's the internet. It'a all about other peoples business.

Old 08-29-2018, 02:28 PM   #59
Justappumped24v

Name: Justappumped24v
Member`s Gallery
On a serious note through I really do want the hood

Old 08-29-2018, 05:38 PM   #60
RacinDuallie

Name: RacinDuallie
Title: Black Sheep Racing
Member`s Gallery
Quote: