Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > Motorsports Supply
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 07:48 PM   #41
coope3

Name: coope3
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Greg, thanks for the help you have given me with the cam and head parts. Take a look, starting at page 110 in the April 2010 issue of Diesel World Magazine this month. They at least put your name in there at the supplier. I told them to get the website, but maybe they forgot. Thanks again.

Old 01-30-2010, 10:08 PM   #42
Riflemanusmc

Name: Riflemanusmc
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Thumbs up

Greg. Your Granddad's car is a Henry J. Alot of them were made into ole gasser's.

Old 01-30-2010, 11:44 PM   #43
COMP461

Name: COMP461
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riflemanusmc View Post
Greg. Your Granddad's car is a Henry J. Alot of them were made into ole gasser's.

Semper Fi Buddy ,

and thanks I was told that was what it was , it ran and held the record for a while in C gas in the late 50’s .

Old 02-01-2010, 09:19 AM   #44
BenM

Name: BenM
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
[QUOTE=COMP461;996241]WOW I keep finding pictures , this is my first ride a Nitrous Out Law Pro Stock

Click the image to open in full size.

here is a early one of me on the dyno with a 18 degree Chevy V6 Comp engine

here is a cool one when I was racing for G.M. Performance Parts , This was WJ, Mike Edwards Ron Khrisner , and a few others

greg, glad to see you lost the Magnum PI look and went clean shaven. great to see all the old pictures and how far motorsport in general has advanced.

Old 02-07-2010, 03:54 PM   #45
Mighty Goat

Name: Mighty Goat
Title: Slow Progression
Member`s Gallery
I just want to add... The first time I spoke to Greg I was calling from a Morale/Wellfare/Recreation (MWR) center at Forward Operating Base (FOB) Falcon, Iraq. Oh how the military loves their acronyms. And when Greg himself picked up the phone, the first thing he did was thank me for for doing what I do. Since then I've turned 4,000RPM on his drivetrain, been to his house, ate dinner with him and his lovely wife Ronda several times, been in Greg Youngs, Mike Woods, and Big Al's shops, as well as had lunch with them all sitting at the same table... All I can say is Greg Hogue may spout off at times. But, he truly is a class act, a man of his word, a friend, a man who values the people who serve, and a man who has built a rail that's going to whoop JOHN ROBINSONS ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Greg has the recources, the financial baking, and the racing knowledge to do what he says he's going to do. I personally had the privelege to tow his NX dragster from Wichita Falls to his house in Aledo turning 4,000RPM on his valvetrain. And all I can say are his parts work, for sled pulling and for the normal everyday working man. Thanks Greg for supporting your troops. Come see me in Afghanistan this summer. I'll be the guy holding the M-4 about to go out and kick a door in.

Old 02-07-2010, 04:59 PM   #46
Dalpilot

Name: Dalpilot
Title: Joe Nobody!
Member`s Gallery
Does it hurt being that far up someones........oh never mind.

Just so it doesn't get misconstrued, I was only joking. It had to be said. Greg's a good guy. Just ask him, he'll tell ya.

Last edited by Dalpilot; 02-07-2010 at 10:14 PM.

Old 02-07-2010, 05:12 PM   #47
JasonCzerak

Name: JasonCzerak
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalpilot View Post
Does it hurt being that far up someones........oh never mind.
I L O L'ed ;-)

Old 02-07-2010, 09:44 PM   #48
Riflemanusmc

Name: Riflemanusmc
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by COMP461 View Post
Semper Fi Buddy ,

and thanks I was told that was what it was , it ran and held the record for a while in C gas in the late 50’s .
Yes Sir...I grew up in the mid west. We would go to the "swamp" in the old days. The "swamp" was/is St Louis Int Dragway. Last time I was there as a kid, I bought a REVEL model car from Arnie "The Farmer" Beswicks son. He ran a funny car that was Pontiac powered. Now I'm showing my age... Keep doing what your doing Greg..

Old 02-07-2010, 10:11 PM   #49
Isb

Name: Isb
Title: Do you have a "Hines" tbm
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Goat View Post
I just want to add... The first time I spoke to Greg I was calling from a Morale/Wellfare/Recreation (MWR) center at Forward Operating Base (FOB) Falcon, Iraq. Oh how the military loves their acronyms. And when Greg himself picked up the phone, the first thing he did was thank me for for doing what I do. Since then I've turned 4,000RPM on his drivetrain, been to his house, ate dinner with him and his lovely wife Ronda several times, been in Greg Youngs, Mike Woods, and Big Al's shops, as well as had lunch with them all sitting at the same table... All I can say is Greg Hogue may spout off at times. But, he truly is a class act, a man of his word, a friend, a man who values the people who serve, and a man who has built a rail that's going to whoop<<<Is on the realm of homey it's "Whip" JOHN ROBINSONS ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Greg has the What is >>>> recources, the financial baking, <<<<Bakes his own money for "Resources"and the racing knowledge to do what he says he's going to do. I personally had the privelege to tow his NX dragster from Wichita Falls to his house in Aledo turning 4,000RPM on his valvetrain. And all I can say are his parts work, for sled pulling and for the normal everyday working man. Thanks Greg for supporting your troops. Come see me in Afghanistan this summer. I'll be the guy holding the M-4 about to go out and kick a door in.

Old 02-07-2010, 10:34 PM   #50
Mighty Goat

Member`s Gallery
Dalpilot= SLOW, BROKE, POS.

Oh, I don't want that to be misconstrued

Old 02-07-2010, 10:43 PM   #51
Sledpuller

Name: Sledpuller
Member`s Gallery
John Robison?!?!?!?! No offense to John, but the stated goal was whipping Scheids rail down in the 6s, not fooling around with that hillbillys lead sled in the 10s!!!

Old 02-07-2010, 10:48 PM   #52
Dalpilot

Name: Dalpilot
Title: Joe Nobody!
Member`s Gallery
I am fairly slow, No where close to broke, but your right, I am still very POSitive. "Lighten up Francis." Its called having a sense of Humor. Thanks for your service.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:24 PM   #53
JasonCzerak

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Dalpilot= SLOW, BROKE, POS.

Oh, I don't want that to be misconstrued
Let's work this out logicly ok?

Johns car, it's been down the track a few times

dalpilots truck starts and moves under it's own power. Damn impressive for a 6.0

Greg's rail has one Greg-power as he pushes it around. No videos of it running much less down the strip

Now you, weren't you the guy on TDR that named his dodge truck "goat"? Something normally reserved for gto's?

Old 02-07-2010, 11:41 PM   #54
Scooter's Roofing

Name: Scooter's Roofing
Member`s Gallery
FWIW, I've heard people call the "ram" a "goat" more than once now

Old 02-08-2010, 12:06 AM   #55
Mighty Goat

Member`s Gallery
No Jason alphabet, I'm the guy who can't stand people like you... Who hate on people that are building a small project on private money that'll change the diesel word.

Greg Hogue is DIESEL MOTORSPORTS.

What the hell have you done for the sport other than run your mouth (fingers) on the stupid keyboard? You're a joke.

Old 02-08-2010, 05:18 AM   #56
JasonCzerak

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
No Jason alphabet, I'm the guy who can't stand people like you... Who hate on people that are building a small project on private money that'll change the diesel word.

What the hell have you done for the sport other than run your mouth (fingers) on the stupid keyboard? You're a joke.
I'm not hateing, just pointng out facts so people don't get all the wrong info. Interesting your saying Greg is gong to be king and the car hasen't even started in the 2 or 3 Years he claim "6s". It's an important fact. Once it runs an moves, everyone will applaude. If it's fast, well damn, competition. Until then, vaporware.

You seem to forget we hear all kinds of fluff, but no results. It's all in how it's presented. Never got that impression with John r or compd car's.

Btw, towing gregs whatvever doesn't mean " you've done something". He's just using you because he is barrowing a vw beetle instead of a truck.

I said it before, doesn't matter what i've done. But if you wanna get in line because I hurt your feelings there sweety, I'll buy you a beer. I'll make it out of Minnesota sonetime this year.

Last edited by JasonCzerak; 02-08-2010 at 05:24 AM.

Old 02-08-2010, 07:39 AM   #57
Dockboy

Name: Dockboy
Title: Comps BFF
Member`s Gallery
Quote:

Sorry......I just spit coffee all over the screen!!

Old 02-08-2010, 07:45 AM   #58
Warpig

Name: Warpig
Title: 12V killer
Member`s Gallery
Another Keyboard Ranger

11.40 @ 118

02 Jetta TDI

Old 02-08-2010, 07:46 AM   #59
apocalypse1812

Name: apocalypse1812
Title: Nailed It!
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
I just want to add... The first time I spoke to Greg I was calling from a Morale/Wellfare/Recreation (MWR) center at Forward Operating Base (FOB) Falcon, Iraq. Oh how the military loves their acronyms. And when Greg himself picked up the phone, the first thing he did was thank me for for doing what I do. Since then I've turned 4,000RPM on his drivetrain, been to his house, ate dinner with him and his lovely wife Ronda several times, been in Greg Youngs, Mike Woods, and Big Al's shops, as well as had lunch with them all sitting at the same table... All I can say is Greg Hogue may spout off at times. But, he truly is a class act, a man of his word, a friend, a man who values the people who serve, and a man who has built a rail that's going to whoop JOHN ROBINSONS ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Greg has the recources, the financial baking, and the racing knowledge to do what he says he's going to do. I personally had the privelege to tow his NX dragster from Wichita Falls to his house in Aledo turning 4,000RPM on his valvetrain. And all I can say are his parts work, for sled pulling and for the normal everyday working man. Thanks Greg for supporting your troops. Come see me in Afghanistan this summer. I'll be the guy holding the M-4 about to go out and kick a door in.
Good Job, We're all proud...

Old 02-08-2010, 08:06 AM   #60
Sledpuller

Name: Sledpuller
Member`s Gallery
Quote:

Correction, Greg Hogue is GREG HOGUE Motorpsorts.

And so far everything hes done has changed Greg Hogues world, (good for him!)but has had very little effect anywhere else, we shall see, quest for the 6s right? Not the 10s?

I know Texas is a big state, but there is a few things going on beyond its borders..........

Closed Thread