FASS blowing fuses

Rat_Power_78

I have a Platinum (150 I believe) on my 99 24v installed using the harness they sent with the pump. I have had it on the truck for around a year now, and out of nowhere it decided to blow a fuse. From the factory it had a 15 amp, so I tried a 20, but that blew too. I pulled the filter, even though it only had about 6k miles on it, but still no luck. Finally a 30 amp fuse made it run. Does this mean my pump is failing? Im not ok with just upsizing the fuse and calling it fixed.

I know I have an air dog but I was having the same problem and I changed out the pump and it's been good since.

Have you made sure all your electrical connections are clean, battery, relay, harness etc..?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Yes connections are all good, wiring appears to be good, all protected and secured. The whole system has been on a year to a year and a half, roughly 6000 miles. I didnt expect a failure this quick, now I'm worried I will be replacing my VP again...

I have a Platinum (150 I believe) on my 99 24v installed using the harness they sent with the pump. I have had it on the truck for around a year now, and out of nowhere it decided to blow a fuse. From the factory it had a 15 amp, so I tried a 20, but that blew too. I pulled the filter, even though it only had about 6k miles on it, but still no luck. Finally a 30 amp fuse made it run. Does this mean my pump is failing? Im not ok with just upsizing the fuse and calling it fixed.

There are only a few reasons the single filter Platinum system would pop a fuse. The first is a really bad restriction pre pump which is unlikely unless you still have the original in line filter in between the tank and pump. The second would be a piece of debris stuck in the gear. The third would be something going bad in the motor. Give us a call at 636-433-5410 and we can walk you through some tests and get this fixed for you.

Back