Let's see your pullin hitches!!!

Here's the hitch that Lyn made. Silly sledpullers. At least I got to play with the pretty translucent blue powdercoat again.
lynhitch.jpg

lynhitch2.jpg
I like that design Its simple, but works.

are there any pics of how some of you guys welded angle iron to the back of the reciver tube for extra strentgh??? I'm kinda limited to room for brancing on the back of my truck with my big bronco tank in the way
What about the 3rd gen receiver? Mine has a round main tube. Whats the best way to brace that? Also where's the best place to attach the bumpers? I was originally thinkin of jus making them part of the hitch, but it has been said that's not the best idea. Does the Hitch have to be solid stock? Wouldnt 3/8" wall 2x2 work, then I guess 1" is the most common for the hooking area?

Last edited:
I like that design Its simple, but works.

What about the 3rd gen receiver? Mine has a round main tube. Whats the best way to brace that? Also where's the best place to attach the bumpers? I was originally thinkin of jus making them part of the hitch, but it has been said that's not the best idea. Does the Hitch have to be solid stock? Wouldnt 3/8" wall 2x2 work, then I guess 1" is the most common for the hooking area?

You could take piece of angle iron or c channel and weld that to the tube.

Does anyone have any active pics of this? I'm just not sure how to position it to get the most strength out of it.

It's not rocket science, just weld some metal that will oppose the downward and rearward force the sled creates. There are some people pulling off factory hitches so anything helps.

I'd rather not just throw metal at it and have it well thought out and strategically placed as to not waste metal, time, or space.

Honestly it depends on the associaton and techs and should be legal for ppl. But the axle mounts for those draw bar adjusters need to be centerline of the axle or lower per the rules most places not that it actually matters.

If your chassis is set up good a reese style hitch will work as good as a draw bar hitch and weigh less. Here are some pic's of a reese style hitch we build.
photo-1-1.jpg

photo.jpg

That's exactly what I want to do with mine. Except mine would only need like 1/2 - 3/4 adjustment. And would be level when all the way up. You still consider that a Reese style hitch? Even with it turning down at that big of an angle? Mine would only angle maybe 10-15 degrees down when lowered all the way

Looks like that hitch in the picture is set at 23-24in hitch height but could be wrong. I would rather have a bit more adjustment 1/2-3/4. I have 3inch of adjustment on my truck so i have some room for setting the chassis up.

Looks like that hitch in the picture is set at 23-24in hitch height but could be wrong. I would rather have a bit more adjustment 1/2-3/4. I have 3inch of adjustment on my truck so i have some room for setting the chassis up.

That's exactly why I want to do it. My pulling parts hitch adjusts like an inch at at time. I don't like adjusting my suspension height when trying to get real close on the hitch. I figure I would only need that much adjustment.

I'm sure alot of people have that pulling parts hitch I have. Just have to cut off a few inchs off the bottom side of it so it will allow the hitch to pivot on the top pin.

Last edited:
Back