Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Not it!

Truck cooling update...2 transmission coolers in front of radiator now and transmission temps never moved on gauge, running below 150*. Probably will try one cooler and see what happens. We need to reroute one of our cooler lines though, too close to the exhaust.

We washed on the radiator for about 4 hours to get it as clean as possible while we were working on the transmission coolers, and now she will get to about 220* pulling decent hills at 95K lbs. He should go over Cooper's Rock today with it and we'll know more.

What thermostat you CAT guys run? Stock 192* or something else? Since I have no idea what Cincinati put in it, we'll just swap them.

Chris

Last edited:
Not it!

Truck cooling update...2 transmission coolers in front of radiator now and transmission temps never moved on gauge, running below 150*. Probably will try one cooler and see what happens. We need to reroute one of our cooler lines though, too close to the exhaust.

We washed on the radiator for about 4 hours to get it as clean as possible while we were working on the transmission coolers, and now she will get to about 220* pulling decent hills at 95K lbs. He should go over Cooper's Rock today with it and we'll know more.

What thermostat you CAT guys run? Stock 192* or something else? Since I have no idea what Cincinati put in it, we'll just swap them.

Chris

Yes stock, I tried 170’s 5-6yrs ago thinking if the water was cooler at the bottom of the hill it would be cooler at the top. Does the exact opposite.

Yes stock, I tried 170’s 5-6yrs ago thinking if the water was cooler at the bottom of the hill it would be cooler at the top. Does the exact opposite.

I figured that. I'll get a set of 192's and we'll swap them out sometime.

I'm also going to make him run my ScanGauge a few days and compare ECM temperature readings to his gauges. I know you said they're not always accurate.

Thanks.

I'm also going to make him run my ScanGauge a few days and compare ECM temperature readings to his gauges. I know you said they're not always accurate.

Thanks.

Chris, are those scan gauges worth the money?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks.

Your dash IS ecm temps. The dash of that truck is reading off the j1939 datalink off the engine. They don’t have their own sensors except for trans/axles and oil temp if you have one.

Chris, are those scan gauges worth the money?

Eh, handy to have one, but I really just use it for a Speedometer in the FL80 since the factory one quit. I have Insite for Cummins, and now CAT ET so I don't use it for any diagnostic really. Neat to watch fuel economy in the M2 with the Mercedes too.

Your dash IS ecm temps. The dash of that truck is reading off the j1939 datalink off the engine. They don’t have their own sensors except for trans/axles and oil temp if you have one.

Copy. Never looked to see if these were electronic or manual gauges...never cared before now. Nevermind that idea then.

Chris

You do this RigWrench?
9111afe007a548003bf7beb59a5239eb.heic

Could be. I believe thats a starcar from canukistan? Looks top notch. I coulda done it:umno:

Question about ELD. We had a call yesterday from someone involved in a DOT traffic stop (not sure if it was the officer or not) asking about the year of the engine. The ESN showed a production date of 99.

Does the law or memorandum or whatever state engine or chassis?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I'm lost on the scan gauge comment

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

which part? The one where Allan thinks you have to drive staring at a gauge for maximum BSFC’s? Or the fact most trucks built after 2006 have a fuel mileage indicator built in the dash display along with a boost gauge unless you have a fleet spec special.

Cause Kevin Rutherford said so

The day I have to run my company constantly worrying about BSFC’s or have to hire steering wheel holders that need speed limiters and ecm controlled shift points is the day I’m out.

If you need that chit to make money your doing it wrong. If you need 7+mpg to be profitable gtfo.

The day I have to run my company constantly worrying about BSFC’s or have to hire steering wheel holders that need speed limiters and ecm controlled shift points is the day I’m out.

If you need that chit to make money your doing it wrong. If you need 7+mpg to be profitable gtfo.

Sounds like I’m hired!!

Back