Data Logger?

Tcolesanti

ALL NIGHTER
I started a thread in the Sled Pulling forum about an affordable Data Logger and a couple of guys mentioned you have one. Could you give me some insight on yours?

Thanks in advance. -Tom

hopefully the pics come through.

right now it does up to 10 channels, but feedback from users is they want more. its software upgradeable so all units out there will be reprogrammed to do more probably 12 or 15.

so you choose up to 10 (or 15) channels out of:
8 egts
4 analog (ex. pressure)
2 variable reluctance/ hall effect (2 wire speed/tach sensors)
1 built in 12valve tach pickup
4 0-5v square wave frequency (3 wire tach/speed sensors)
4 switch inputs (on-off switches)

you can use any sensor you want, or buy the sensors from TS.

wire harness is complete and loomed for easy install.

you can connect to all these channels and just download a different config file that choose 10 (or 15) of these per run.

holds from 80 seconds to 2 days per run depending on the channel count and sample rate, and has 16 runs before you need to download to a laptop.

it has an LCD screen so you can do graphing from the unit. stores max and min to view after each run on the LCD screen.

software allows you to do realtime graphing for tuning purposes.

hopefully i covered everything. i can get a picture of the unit and the harness tomorrow.

Attachments

• dataacq_cfg.JPG
    dataacq_cfg.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 54
  • dataacq.JPG
    dataacq.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 45
Very cool! What about custom sensor calibration such as a 33-240 ohm fuel level sender? The only other thing left is projected MSRP & estimated launch date.

brandon.

joefarmer said:
Very cool! What about custom sensor calibration such as a 33-240 ohm fuel level sender? The only other thing left is projected MSRP & estimated launch date.

brandon.

you could use that type of sensor, you just need to make sure it is wired to only give a 0-5 volt output (probably need a custom circuit). there is a parameter you enter for analog and frequency channels that allows you to do custom things like this.

see how much he used per pass, then drain tank and add just a lil more then that amount to go faster prehaps?

JerrodGlover said:
Just out of curiosity why would you want to log fuel level?

I don't actually need fuel level. I just needed a good example of a custom sender so that everyone would understand and I would get the needed answer.

Is there a projected release date and MSRP?

brandon.

Back