Stock Fuel Tank Sump

Man, I just dropped my tank last weekend (what a PITA)!
I installed a -10 bulkhead on the bottom of the tank, and a -6 for my ESPAR.
So far I have ran it down with 5 gallons in it without issue.

Thing is I dont like how low and obvious it is.
I am going to have to order one of these soon.

Joe, I am going to have to talk to you about getting an extra 1/4" tap in one of the sumps for my ESPAR unit.

I just walked in the shop and took this pic

FuelFeed.jpg
[/IMG]

You tell me which one is better, I like the real sump Joe sells!

Jim

Man, I just dropped my tank last weekend (what a PITA)!
I installed a -10 bulkhead on the bottom of the tank, and a -6 for my ESPAR.
So far I have ran it down with 5 gallons in it without issue.

Thing is I dont like how low and obvious it is.
I am going to have to order one of these soon.

Joe, I am going to have to talk to you about getting an extra 1/4" tap in one of the sumps for my ESPAR unit.

Thats no problem just give me a call.

looks like another quality product from Hellmann Performance.. nice job Joe.. im sure some of the gassers could use this also.. :thankyou2:

Like UNBROKEN said above. It shouldn't be a problem. If a stock pick-up works at 1/8 tank, going down hills, and stoping fast. Then this will serve in place of a draw tube and supply as much fuel as possible.
stock fuel sys moves alot less fuel limiting the chance of cavitation. Someone mentioned to me about a sump not being street legal. I never actually looked into this.

Mine is already on it's way!! Thanks Joe!!

Should have ordered 2! We coulda had an install party:evil my draw straw is miserable around 3/8 in city driving.

Nice piece... Far superior to the troublesome draw straw!

Bet it solves the air bubble issue in fuel lines too!

So where has everyone found it to be the best spot to get every last drop out of the tank? The middle. Up front, the back. Just curious of where Im guessing middle or torwards the front since the tank already has a slight angle towards the front with the suspension.

Joe, do you recommend a check valve?

I'm sure the guys that have run these for years can chime in , but I see no need for a check valve. You would need a leak at the end of the fuel system (engine compartment )to be able to siphon back. If this leak existed I assume a siphon effect would occur with a tube or a sump. This would probably stop at the pump. Your filters will still be loaded.
The statement about solving the air in fuel problem got me wondering. I watched a model of an Air Dog system running at SEMA. The only time it was visibly separating air is when they sloshed there model fuel tank to make it suck air. Seems to me a sump would greatly decrease the times a slug of air would enter the system.
I'm in no way shape or form saying this will replace an air separation system , ( Pure Flow makes a great product ) but I 'm sure it would help the process.

All these thoughts and assumptions are from my redneck engineering department.

Back