45 deg T3 divided wastegate plate.

jgsturbo

caveman
Basically I need a simple setup that uses my gates in an effective manor, doesn't require a new manifold (budget is tight for this build) and maintains the divide as much as one wastegate can. Don't need OR even want an internal wastegate messing up the control scheme. Dreamed this up when I was staring at the empty space on my test/tow 99 2500-

45d_t3d_flg.jpg

smurfcomp01.jpg

Everything looks good clearance wise with the HX35, I'm certain a box turbo would be similar. Could envision using a dual T3 or T4 type outlet flange. to uses a future box 63/68. I have several different chargers laying around I'll be test fitting.

Sure it will chief.

The 45* plate could be threaded and the bolts could go in from the bottom on the engine side. The bolts on the bottom on the turbo side could be the same way. Chief.

If you look real close you can see my test plate has taped holes with studs already installed. Here's another pic showing the shock tower....
smurfcomp02.jpg

Here's my cobbled together birds nest....
smurfcomp05.jpg

Gate flow should be an improvement over the narrow slot you normally see on a 'gate plate.

My humble little compounds...
smurfcomp09.jpg

smurfcomp10.jpg

smurfcomp11.jpg

The gate plate fits good, really close to true divided flow for good towing performance.

Back