Waterman in a street truck.

Puddles

Looking to potentially upgrade to a waterman on my setup as the 200 gph Airdog won’t support the 600cc’s I have now from what I’ve been told. Unsure about clearance issues with the pumps using the factory fan/shroud. I have seen belt driven set ups but cannot find any information on them along with other pumps similar to waterman’s with different drive configurations that work aswell. any information would be appreciated, thanks

Plenty of folks run the fuel boss on the street. Would be enough fuel for 600cc

Would think waterman would be similar/ better, but don’t hear as much on them on street trucks.

As long as you run a good high flowing filter setup before the pump, I don't think it would be a problem at all.

I ran an Aeromotive belt drive pump on the street for yrs, I know it's comparing a belt drive, to the waterman running off the frt cover, but the pumps themselves are kinda similar I think.

I looked into doing tandem 200 gph Airdog’s but Seth Farrell advised against it so I’m definitely going in the belt/gear driven direction. Any details on the belt drive aeromotive set up? The waterman off the front cover makes the electric fans a necessity from what I understand would be nice to avoid that if at all possible.

How about the predator belt driven pump form Power Driven. They say it's good to 950cc.

Think it’s pretty similar to what I was mentioning/thinking. The belt driven units have been proven and would be plenty of fuel. My understanding is a waterman is the same style rotary pump just gear driven.

I’ll be changing from a hot rod pump to a belt driven in the future.

How about the predator belt driven pump form Power Driven. They say it's good to 950cc.

This is a rotary vane pump, I use a slightly larger version of this same pump on my race truck. So far its been great. I had an airdog 200 previously and even at 600cc on the injection pump it went to 0psi at WOT. I called airdog and complained that it wasn't putting out its advertised fuel flow and they basically said oh well.

This is a rotary vane pump, I use a slightly larger version of this same pump on my race truck. So far its been great. I had an airdog 200 previously and even at 600cc on the injection pump it went to 0psi at WOT. I called airdog and complained that it wasn't putting out its advertised fuel flow and they basically said oh well.

Forgot to add that the watermans are a gerotor type pump.

Interesting. I assumed both rotary vane.

Beside the topic, but do you run check valve for return on that setup Vince? Or typical over flow valve? Curious what your pressure is.

Interesting. I assumed both rotary vane.

Beside the topic, but do you run check valve for return on that setup Vince? Or typical over flow valve? Curious what your pressure is.

The pump has an internal bypass valve to control pressure, I think I have that set at around 100psi. I regulate fuel pressure on the return with an aeromotive pressure regulator. I'm at 40psi idle and 60psi WOT going down track.

Just to add to this, how I ran mine was the aeromotive pump fed directly into the P pump, then I had the Aeromotive regulator after the pump on the return valve discharge.

I ran it at 20psi idle pressure, and it would ramp up to around 50psi at the end of a run. I tried running higher psi, but didn't make any difference on mine.

At idle, and 20psi feeding the inj pump, the return line coming out of the regulator going back to the fuel tank, flowed like a water hose on half open.

I ran a regular 12Valve pump on Old Ugly with a FASS plumbed in for backup when It went on the dyno or at the track. Never had any problems with the 13mm p-pump running off the stock pump. As a matter of fact, on the highest dyno run I ever had, I forgot to turn on the FASS. 1218 on a stock 12 valve fuel pump isn't too bad.

Ron the Facebook groups would have an aneurism if that run was mentioned. Stock lift pumps just can’t make over 400hp in case you didn’t know ha

My hotrod pump from power driven has been solid. I would still like to upgrade to a belt driven unit in the future, but we will see where pressure is at after some fuel upgrades.

I ran a regular 12Valve pump on Old Ugly with a FASS plumbed in for backup when It went on the dyno or at the track. Never had any problems with the 13mm p-pump running off the stock pump. As a matter of fact, on the highest dyno run I ever had, I forgot to turn on the FASS. 1218 on a stock 12 valve fuel pump isn't too bad.

I believe you...and Epstein killed himself. :hehe:

I run a Fuelab 190, visually looks similar to an aeromotive a1000. I set it up back before Fuelab started making their airdog look-a-likes so I’m not sure how good those are. But I’ve had it on for going on 10 years now at 100psi and zero issues from it. As mentioned above I run it straight to the p-pump with a regulator on the return side. I possibly sized the regulator wrong back when I got it because it has 20psi at the regulator and it’s backed off all the way. But as I said been 10 years like that daily driven and not a single issue

On edit- it might even make more than 100psi, it keeps my Ev2 gauge pegged unless a filter is needing changed then I’ll see 80-90

Last edited:
I run a Fuelab 190, visually looks similar to an aeromotive a1000. I set it up back before Fuelab started making their airdog look-a-likes so I’m not sure how good those are. But I’ve had it on for going on 10 years now at 100psi and zero issues from it. As mentioned above I run it straight to the p-pump with a regulator on the return side. I possibly sized the regulator wrong back when I got it because it has 20psi at the regulator and it’s backed off all the way. But as I said been 10 years like that daily driven and not a single issue

On edit- it might even make more than 100psi, it keeps my Ev2 gauge pegged unless a filter is needing changed then I’ll see 80-90

So does it have 100psi or 20psi?

So does it have 100psi or 20psi?

Gauge stops at a 100. Always on 100psi idle or wot, unless filters are getting old then it’s 80-90psi

The 20psi I was referring to is 20psi in the return line from the p-pump to regulator.

Last edited:
Gauge stops at a 100. Always on 100psi idle or wot, unless filters are getting old then it’s 80-90psi

The 20psi I was referring to is 20psi in the return line from the p-pump to regulator.

The pressure in the return line from the pump is what counts. The returned fuel is what cools the injection pump. If you are putting 100psi into the ppump and only getting 20psi out you have a lot of restriction on your return and probably not cooling enough. You should read your pressure at the return regulator, not before the injection pump.

Back