China trade war & soybean biodiesel

The glut resulted in a 10-20 Billion dollar annual bailout. Loves and BP still sell soy bio @ b5-b20% area.

It’s probably wishful thinking on my part. Because biodiesel makes a noticeable difference in decibels with my aftermarket vp44.

Didn't the soybean tariffs happen a couple growing seasons ago at this point? Is there still a federal program paying farmers to grow soybeans that don't have a market?

And I wasn't directing my statements directly at zf or anyone else for that matter, just venting about how I get to sit around at my job and other places and listen to people ***** about "famers/ranchers" when most of the people *****ing have not one effin' clue what goes on. Just like cops, there are a chit ton of bad apples that ruin it for everyone. There are very few farmers around here that have it made in the shade like the big farmers up north where the corn is tall and the machinery is all brand new and cost 1/4 million each. Not the case here. :D

I understand what your saying.

My question to you is how long would you listen to your neighbor b.itch about not making any money as an overweight male stripper? Every week he whines how he needs your tax money in the form of a government program to continue the family tradition of being a fat stripper. Obviously the market in OK is flooded with fat arse strippers and he can’t make ends meet without help. While he’s telling you this your remembering in the back of your head how he’s never put tires on any of his pickup trucks because he trades them off every other year. And how his family always takes a 2 week long fishing vacation to Canada at the end of the stripping season. At what point do you say “Maybe you should look at changing professions if you can’t make it on your own.”? But for some reason no one ever says this to farmers.

When people do say that to farmers they are labeled bad and the farmers says, "but we feed the world".... I have news for them, another farmer will farm their land if they quit...

Didn't the soybean tariffs happen a couple growing seasons ago at this point? Is there still a federal program paying farmers to grow soybeans that don't have a market?

Correct. Like mentioned before bio is subsidized. To what effect I don’t know. With the price of oil it wouldn’t even make sense regardless of subsidizing.

It’s a largely irrelevant thread I started. I just wanted to know if it crossed anyone’s mind when a multi-billion dollar bailout was news worthy.

How the times have changed

Back