Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech- General Diesel > General Diesel Tech
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Diesel Tech Farm equipment, Medium Duty, Big Rigs, and other General discussion can be found in here.

Old 02-17-2019, 06:57 PM   #19081
ktllc15

Name: ktllc15
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Pretty sure frames fine just pisses me off I've rebuilt everything mechanical on this truck and I was starting to save to do the paint and interior. Only 50k on the overhaul. I almost kind of hope they total it so I can buy it back and rebuild it in my spare time instead of always doing a little at a time as I drive it. Guy was real tough until I jumped out of the truck I'm 32 6'2" 250 this prick was in his 50's 5'6" 200 and walked with a limp! Even referred to my truck as a piece of **** on the radio. Yep sure wish I had a sweet t700 like he was driving
Old 02-17-2019, 07:04 PM   #19082
jfaulkner

Name: jfaulkner
Title: Douche Hunter
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
Click the image to open in full size.

hmmmmmm

I was going to stop and chit on cody's porch but it looks like Leiffi dropped one in your driveway.

I know where there is a guy about 6'2 looking to borrow a truck since his is wrecked if your renting it out? LOVES volvo's.

Last edited by jfaulkner; 02-17-2019 at 07:05 PM.
Old 02-17-2019, 07:14 PM   #19083
ktllc15

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfaulkner View Post
I was going to stop and chit on cody's porch but it looks like Leiffi dropped one in your driveway.

I know where there is a guy about 6'2 looking to borrow a truck since his is wrecked if your renting it out? LOVES volvo's.
Oh ya by the time I was done with that the cab would be separate from the frame...
Old 02-17-2019, 09:10 PM   #19084
jfaulkner

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktllc15 View Post
Oh ya by the time I was done with that the cab would be separate from the frame...

From that raw European D13 powah!
Old 02-18-2019, 08:24 AM   #19085
Rig Wrench

Name: Rig Wrench
Title: Wannabe Tech
Member`s Gallery
Can anyone tell me why jake settings for the different horsepower ratings are different even when using the same model jakes?
Old 02-18-2019, 11:45 AM   #19086
jfaulkner

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig Wrench View Post
Can anyone tell me why jake settings for the different horsepower ratings are different even when using the same model jakes?

Need to be more specific, on some it could be compression ratio, cam or turbo. I think mine is different on the C18 vs the C15 when the head/Jakes are the same. But the rest of the stuff is different. I just set them like the MXS and run it. Looser is stronger anyway.
Old 02-18-2019, 12:54 PM   #19087
ktllc15

Member`s Gallery
Depends where you look too. Peterbilt's spec for my motor is pretty tight and it works about as well as rolling the window down. There's a PDF download from Jacobs and they show it quite a bit looser for mine than Pete. I use the Jacobs spec, it's more like rolling both windows downs.
Old 02-18-2019, 02:00 PM   #19088
Rig Wrench

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfaulkner View Post
Need to be more specific, on some it could be compression ratio, cam or turbo. I think mine is different on the C18 vs the C15 when the head/Jakes are the same. But the rest of the stuff is different. I just set them like the MXS and run it. Looser is stronger anyway.
What i meant is a 6nz 410 hp and down is .037 but a 6nz 435 and up is only .033. Jame jake assembly
Old 02-18-2019, 02:06 PM   #19089
sootie

Name: sootie
Title: .....like a BAWSS
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktllc15 View Post
Pretty sure frames fine just pisses me off I've rebuilt everything mechanical on this truck and I was starting to save to do the paint and interior. Only 50k on the overhaul. I almost kind of hope they total it so I can buy it back and rebuild it in my spare time instead of always doing a little at a time as I drive it. Guy was real tough until I jumped out of the truck I'm 32 6'2" 250 this prick was in his 50's 5'6" 200 and walked with a limp! Even referred to my truck as a piece of **** on the radio. Yep sure wish I had a sweet t700 like he was driving
Did you hit him, or just hit snow with your truck. Any dash cam footage? Did anyone get charged?
Old 02-18-2019, 02:11 PM   #19090
Rig Wrench

Member`s Gallery
Lookin again a 340c on a bxs is .040+- .003
Old 02-18-2019, 07:32 PM   #19091
ktllc15

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sootie View Post
Did you hit him, or just hit snow with your truck. Any dash cam footage? Did anyone get charged?
Hit the back of the trailer square. No video and cops wouldn't come out to do a report. We're both with the same insurance company so it's going to come down to who they believe. But karma's a ***** better hope he never crosses my path again
Old 02-18-2019, 08:22 PM   #19092
jfaulkner

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig Wrench View Post
What i meant is a 6nz 410 hp and down is .037 but a 6nz 435 and up is only .033. Jame jake assembly

The 350hp 6NZ is 18:1 so the 410 probably also is where the 435+ is 16:1.