water/meth on 6.7 w/ dpf?

6.7lworkhorse

just wondering if there is any mpg/power to be had on a near stock 6.7 (will only have boost fooler) with using a water/meth set-up?

Don't mean to steal a thread but what do you guys think about. Snow Stage 3 water meth on my 08. I just bought the kit cheap just need to plumb it in.. I already have the snow box wired in. Also I'm fixing to have 100hp nozzles just waiting for install.

i dont like the sound of that. looks like im not installing it yet. whats the bad you have heard brucer.

My memory as to detail sucks but what I do remember is that when I called a reputable company who anyone on here would know and talked to the owner there he talked me out of ordering the $1000 kit. (and no it wasn't to sell me something else, bought nothing instead) Said something about the idea of running anything but water (anything else is ignitable) into the intake would be dangerous and silly and then think about running water into your intake and one of the valves sticks open when you shut the truck off...or in my case something freezes open since it's so cold here 6-8 months of the year...bad news. Then I've read in forums of guys who did it and only gained 25-50 degrees. Then my buddy put it on a 2011 Ford (yeah I realize completely different engine but anyway) and said it made no difference at all to temp or fuel economy, and all he ever did was fill it up with water every few hours of driving.

...having said all that, I would be glad if it was all wrong - if there's an easy way to bring my EGT's down and improve fuel economy I'm all for it!

My memory as to detail sucks but what I do remember is that when I called a reputable company who anyone on here would know and talked to the owner there he talked me out of ordering the $1000 kit. (and no it wasn't to sell me something else, bought nothing instead) Said something about the idea of running anything but water (anything else is ignitable) into the intake would be dangerous and silly and then think about running water into your intake and one of the valves sticks open when you shut the truck off...or in my case something freezes open since it's so cold here 6-8 months of the year...bad news. Then I've read in forums of guys who did it and only gained 25-50 degrees. Then my buddy put it on a 2011 Ford (yeah I realize completely different engine but anyway) and said it made no difference at all to temp or fuel economy, and all he ever did was fill it up with water every few hours of driving.

...having said all that, I would be glad if it was all wrong - if there's an easy way to bring my EGT's down and improve fuel economy I'm all for it!

In my actual experience there's a couple flaws and a couple valid points with your post. Running straight water makes more torque but doesn't cool that well and because its none flammable it won't increase mileage. That's why you start mixing in meth. The guy you talked to about putting flammables in the intake probably was talking about running 100% meth. Big no no. I ran up to 75 meth 25%water but at low boost it created what sounded like backfire into the intake. Hence the reason Snow's boost juice is 50/50. Personally I found a mix of washer fluid that had 35% meth in it ran about the best. I gained about 3 mpg 250-300* lower egt and turbo spoolup was quicker with less bottom end smoke. Now disclaimer this was done on a 12valve but you should be able to see some improvement on the newer engines. Best advice I can give to the OP is put the kit on and play around nozzle size and percentages of meth. Start out small and work your way up.

Back