TPMS delete?

I only used bluetooth as an example since i'm not a electronics guru like you. $70k truck with light on dash is fairly irritating. I really don't mind having the system I just think you should be able to program it to where you need it.
Another point is only 2500 14 rams have it. The 3500 ram shows no warnings. I wanted a 2500 because the 5 link suspension and coil springs in the rear, but missed out on having an additional 15hp and 50ft/lbs. Also missed out on the option for an aisen medium duty transmission. And put up with the damn light.

I think they use an RF signal to transmit back to the module.

FWIW Corvettes only use 25-30psi, so PVC works fine in that application.

I'd throw them in the spare as well. Does the truck need to see 60 from the front and 80 from the rear, or is 80 all around ok?

I'd throw them in the spare as well. Does the truck need to see 60 from the front and 80 from the rear, or is 80 all around ok?

I'm thinking 80 all around.

Tpms sensors can can swapped no problem. When I got my new tires and wheels at discount they just pulled my sensors out of the stock ones and put in the new ones. There is no tpms delete or tuner with tpms tuning available. I have heard of people just putting all four sensors in the spare tire and airing it up. Not sure how that would work with individual corner monitoring.

The biggest problem we are going through with the 14 tpms is the pressure. Factory system will set dash light and evic will pop up in the tpms screen every time you start the truck if the fronts aren't at 60psi and rear at 80psi.

I took my truck to the dealer to have the threshold lowered to 50psi all the way around. They did, but the light is still on and still have the same issue as before. Only difference is now it says air up to 50psi even with the sensors reading 52psi. Dealer refunded my money and im waiting on a solution.

This.

Tpms uses rf frequency I think at 240Hz or 333Hz for most makes. They all have Ids broadcast so the module only looks for those signals. Tpms is another one of those Obama mandated things since 07 or 08.

Some people get worked up over something that has worked many times. Although I wouldn't do pvc at 75 psi, just to be safe.

I've heard of this mythical solution so many times, but have never actually talked with anybody who has done it successfully.

the TPMS sensors I'm familiar with need a rotational signal to energize and are programmed per corner of the vehicle

Tpms uses rf frequency I think at 240Hz or 333Hz for most makes. They all have Ids broadcast so the module only looks for those signals. Tpms is another one of those Obama mandated things since 07 or 08.

vehicles manufactured in 08+

My Job 1 08 (manufactured in '07) does not have TPMS, for instance

I've heard of this mythical solution so many times, but have never actually talked with anybody who has done it successfully.

the TPMS sensors I'm familiar with need a rotational signal to energize and are programmed per corner of the vehicle
They must have gotten smart.

My '06 TDI Jetta has them and we used a reinstall kit to move them from the factory wheels to the aftermarket wheels when we installed the new wheels and tires. The light came on once or twice when one tire had a slow leak.

They must have gotten smart.

And thus the problem I have with all this automotive ingenuity, proprietary, government mandated, you can't fix it, bullschidt. It ain't that they have gotten smart and made it work better or faster or safer......it's that they have gotten smart at how to clown hammer everyone into only buying their over-priced, dealer-only, break 100 mile after warranty expires, Made in Meahico disposable CRAP.

[/rant]

Yeah. It's stupid. The wheels have some type of rotational signal reference. Can't trick it. New stuff sucks.

Back