Kenda Klever tire?

my STT's are needing replaced before it comes time to pull NH3 tanks. local tire shop is pushing the Kenda Klever tires, I've done some reading online and seem like an option but I don't know anyone who runs them to pick their brain about how they hold up.
local shop quoted me $900 installed for a set of 35x12.5r20

They work well, balance alright, but they wear a little quick. Never compared cost/mile but I’d say it’s a fair deal.

Several were out of round for me on the Klever. As expected from a cheap China tire.

Stores will push the cheapest tire for that markup. I’m sure some have had decent luck with them. I’d rather spend twice that than to ride around bouncing for the last 10-20k miles.

With that said, I’ll buy another set of Toyo Open Country AT extremes in a heartbeat when it’s time. Best truck tire I’ve ever had.

Ran 2 sets about 5 years ago. Balancing was iffy on a few but they held up to gravel and both sets ran a little over 30k

I liked the old firestone M/T but of course they quit making them, I just put a set of nitto trail grapplers on and it’s probably the only mud terrain I’m gonna buy from now on

Kenda's are cheap tires, but you're paying a cheap price. Just be prepared to toss 10oz of weight on each tire.
That being said, I've been through three sets of STTs (37's) and those always way off on balance too.
I usually run BFGs on my daily (35's on a 4th gen) but those cost ~$1700 a set installed with very little weight to balance.

You get what you pay for. For $900, I'd probably try them.

We run them on our farm truck. 86 k20 4wd that mostly sees gravel road, pasture, thorns, gully’s, and tree stumps. They hold up well for the cost, being a 10 ply tire. The truck rarely exceeds 55mph, so we don’t even bother balancing them.

Dad and I had the farm truck stuck up to the axle tubes one time in black soil (thick and sticky). With enough wheel speed and rocking, the tires pulled us out. I was amazed honestly.

Can’t give you honest feedback for highway performance.

Buy once cry once. Coopers are the "cheapest" tire I'd put on. That said, either nitto or toyo going on mine.

70k miles out of set of Toyo Extremes is possible under these heavy trucks if you are diligent with rotations.

Absolute junk, farm use pulling tanks, a bit of gooseneck work and general farm use netted me a bit over 11,000 miles before they were shot and causing death wobble every 5 miles......went back to stock Michelin’s and all is good again.

Back