ladder bars, anybody running 'em?

01txdmax

Pretty much what it says, any 2wd 'go fast' trucks running ladder bars? Trying to make the decision to build a set or buy a set of traction bars.

I'm not overly concerned about the ride quality on the street, mainly can it hook at the track. I could take 'em off if I needed to.....

I have the CalTracs ....... I went from 2.2 - 2.4 60' to 1.91 - 1.95 all day long .... I have even pulled one 1.79 on a REAL hard launch ......

Your ETs will improve (mostly due to quicker 60'), the ride & handling on the street is better and you can still stuff the wheels off-road if needed. They also do a great job of preventing driveline carnage.

I won't have another truck without them!

I gonna kinda wonder about using ladder bars when you launch in 4x. I had them on for a while. My times were always pretty good too. At this last race I went too, one broke right before I got to the track.

So, I took them off ( or should I say Billygoat did :) ). With them off, I got some of the fastest 60ft's I ever did.... 1.7's all day with a couple 1.6's thrown in and this on 37's

I don't know if it's because I have a stiffer suspension they stock or what but, if I didn't need to worry about the axle wrap... I'd never use them.

that's where my track times are suffering right now, the first 1k feet. being a two wheeler I spin pretty good if I launch hard. 2.3-2.4's are pretty consistant 60' times for me right now, but it ain't good enough.....

has anyone had a problem with the suspension unloading bad when you spin the tires on the track with Caltrac's?

I gonna kinda wonder about using ladder bars when you launch in 4x. I had them on for a while. My times were always pretty good too. At this last race I went too, one broke right before I got to the track.

So, I took them off ( or should I say Billygoat did :) ). With them off, I got some of the fastest 60ft's I ever did.... 1.7's all day with a couple 1.6's thrown in and this on 37's

I don't know if it's because I have a stiffer suspension they stock or what but, if I didn't need to worry about the axle wrap... I'd never use them.

That's interesting, I've heard the same thing from a few others. Supposedly cheap spring clamps will outperform bars on a 4x4 truck.

Back