Twisted input

pipeliner134

I have a slight twist in my billet input shaft. Would you guys worry about it? I have roughly 700 hp compound turbo 4wd 12 valve. Runs 12.1 @112. Want to get it into the 11s with just some tuning and better driving hopefully. So not going to throw much more power to it.

Attachments

• 20220410_195901.jpg
    20220410_195901.jpg
    451.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Whose shaft? Little surprised to see that at 700hp

Like 700 HP is nothing ? :nail: A compound turbo launch of a heavy truck, even at a measly 700 hp is a shit ton of stress. We have no idea how many passes the OP has made. This didn't just happen in one pass.

I am glad my job in life isn't to be an input shaft.

Like 700 HP is nothing ? :nail: A compound turbo launch of a heavy truck, even at a measly 700 hp is a shit ton of stress. We have no idea how many passes the OP has made. This didn't just happen in one pass.

I am glad my job in life isn't to be an input shaft.

I understand and I’m not the best with words so I could’ve put it different and sounded better. Lots of people beating the shit out of trans with that power or more. Just curious what and how.

I understand and I’m not the best with words so I could’ve put it different and sounded better. Lots of people beating the shit out of trans with that power or more. Just curious what and how.

You're fine with words, I'm just jaded. Only because I remember when 500 horsepower was a nearly unattainable goal, so in these days of the "daily driven" 1000 hp trucks it just rattles my old brain.

No lie there. I have to go back to my old LSx days and remember that 700hp is no joke haha

Might be a pretty heavy truck looking at that 112mph trap.

4x4 launches hook real good, but are more expensive.
My old 2wd truck ran quick on a stock sized billet input, learned that don't work trying to go fast 4x.

You're fine with words, I'm just jaded. Only because I remember when 500 horsepower was a nearly unattainable goal, so in these days of the "daily driven" 1000 hp trucks it just rattles my old brain.

We was just having a discussion about this.....

I have a post on tdr way back in the day where i said 1000hp trucks will be sitting next to you at a traffic light, looking like a farm truck......

Its a tcs Canada billet. Leaving at 20lbs 1.9 60' lol. 4 passes on it. What should I replace it with? Don't really want to go to an oversize and change pump and converter.

I have a slight twist in my billet input shaft. Would you guys worry about it? I have roughly 700 hp compound turbo 4wd 12 valve. Runs 12.1 @112. Want to get it into the 11s with just some tuning and better driving hopefully. So not going to throw much more power to it.

I've ran worse, sometimes they (TCS) seem to work harden after a little twisting and they stay put for a few more years of abuse. They usually fail rapidly once they are misaligned about 2.75 to 3 splines.

Sometimes around 1.5 splines of misalignment they start pushing the converter out toward the flexplate and thrusting the input inward and more quickly wear out thrust components and open up endplay.

Thanks for all the replies. I ended up trying a goerend billet input and freshening up the trans. No runs yet but we shall see what use the goerend can handle. Not that my truck will really test it.

Back