Need some opinions

Problem child

Double nickel @
Currently running a 03 CCSB CR running in 2.5 I'm needing some opinions on a gear setup. I'm running 4:10 now and only seeing about 3200rpm down the track or less depending on the track conditions. I have a new set of 4:56's sitting here but not sure witch way to go. My current setup is Flux 4's, decent size cam, head port polish, Danville charger, single 10mm pump, NV4500, 271 tcase, 35' bfg AT, UDC, so on... I'm changing things over with twin pumps, 185% over injectors, and efi swap, ED charger... I'd like to be up in that 3800-3900 down the track but I'm not sure if the mods will get me there with out a gear change out any help would be great Thanks!

4.10:1 gears are pretty tall to ask for higher rpms. I'm assuming you're pulling in 4 lo and 1:1 trans ratio?

With that charger it probably isn't making its hp peak much above 3200 anyways. How does the truck perform at the end of the track? With some more air and fuel like you plan on. 4.56's shouldn't be a problem running high 3000's down the track.

It'll get under the charger at the end of the track won't spin out.. The new charger is gonna be a little bigger yet.. I'm just trying to figure out what these upgrades will be like rpm wise with the the 4:10?? Maybe still not enough so I'm in the air to change them out or not.

Back