13mm pump, low power

Vincejax

I have a street/race truck with a 175hp pump with 13mm p+b, 7mm DV, 5x22 injectors, haisley5k governor springs. Since going to 13mm p+b (only recent change) pump has been down ~150 hp. I have experimented with and checked the obvious variables. Ran timing from 20*-30*, fuel supply pressure 42psi at wot, functioning afc, properly adjusted shutoff solenoid, verified rack travel. tightened gov springs tight as I can get them. I saw slight variations in performance when I changed some variables but not matter what the truck is strong staging and spooling and to about 2500rpm but falls flat and wont even got to 4000rpm under load. free revs to 5000 no problem. There is more info I hvent listed but feel free to ask. Thank you in advance for any help or advice!

I have a street/race truck with a 175hp pump with 13mm p+b, 7mm DV, 5x22 injectors, haisley5k governor springs. Since going to 13mm p+b (only recent change) pump has been down ~150 hp. I have experimented with and checked the obvious variables. Ran timing from 20*-30*, fuel supply pressure 42psi at wot, functioning afc, properly adjusted shutoff solenoid, verified rack travel. tightened gov springs tight as I can get them. I saw slight variations in performance when I changed some variables but not matter what the truck is strong staging and spooling and to about 2500rpm but falls flat and wont even got to 4000rpm under load. free revs to 5000 no problem. There is more info I hvent listed but feel free to ask. Thank you in advance for any help or advice!

You pull the afc and try it yet?

Have any of y'all ever heard of a 13mm pump being built with the D profile cam? From a 160/175 hp pump.

Also on his truck that I've noticed is just how quiet it is, at 30* timing and how it sounds at idle and thru the rpm range.

It sounds like the pump isn't fueling like it should be. It may be time to pull it off and have it checked by the fuel shop to be sure it's working like it should be. Are you running stock injector lines?

What turbos are you running to clean up 600cc? That’s a lot of fuel, if in fact it’s putting out that much

What turbos are you running to clean up 600cc? That’s a lot of fuel, if in fact it’s putting out that much

62/68 .7 T3 over 75/96 1.32 T6...pump is definitely not putting out 600cc, thats my issue. Truck is making less power than it did before at 425cc.

If nothing has changed in your setup other than the swap to a 13mm and it runs like crap. Take it back and have them make it right. Knocking tamperproof paint off from every screw will only make it harder for you to plead your case.

If nothing has changed in your setup other than the swap to a 13mm and it runs like crap. Take it back and have them make it right. Knocking tamperproof paint off from every screw will only make it harder for you to plead your case.

This thread is about finding out what specific mechanical adjustments need to be made to my pump to fix a hugh rpm fueling issue. "Make it right" doesn't mean anything. I welcome any and all helpful or thoughtful advice on this. But telling me to take it to someone else to fix it doesn't get me any closer to figuring out what is actually the problem. Also, this punp hasnt had any tamperproof screws left on it in years.

I should also add that the pump runs great other than the high rpm fueling issue. Very easy startup and smooth idle, doesn't bog down in gear, etc.

Last edited:
So put it on you own personal test stand and figure it out. Thats all im saying. We can tell you how its fueling and why because we arnt looking at it on a stand. It has an afc problem causing it to not have full rack travel or it has a mechanical issue that isnt it allowing it fuel or a govoner is hung or what have you that no amount of guessing will cure.

Again if the only thing that has changed is the pump.

Back