few questions bout nitrous

B N S slammer

everything about my set up is in my sig my questions are this... to be sucessful with nitrous is an external wastegate needed due to my small turbine wheel? how much drive pressure compared to boost? i plan to run a smaller nozzle to be somewhat safe... the reason i want to run this is that i want to have a quicker spooling larger turbo like the one i have but still have the oppurtunity for big top end power.. id appreciate some insight and info on this thanks

That's a fairly small shaft to spray more than a 50 shot. Even if you toss a 38mm wastegate on it, you need to address the overspeed condition of adding a large amount of exhaust gas in a short period of time. From my experience, make sure the wastegate is working properly before you spray each time.

everything about my set up is in my sig my questions are this... to be sucessful with nitrous is an external wastegate needed due to my small turbine wheel? how much drive pressure compared to boost? i plan to run a smaller nozzle to be somewhat safe... the reason i want to run this is that i want to have a quicker spooling larger turbo like the one i have but still have the oppurtunity for big top end power.. id appreciate some insight and info on this thanks

They call Nitrous "turbo in a bottle".
It will burn unburned fuel already there.
Depending on you're setup ( how much fuel is leaving unburned) might change the exhaust pressures quite a bit in a hurry.
(.... or, a little)

Time to get an exhaust back pressure gauge and do some experimenting.

Back