90 model needs more!

OKMudn

Hey guys I just came up with a 1990 250 4x4 with a 12v, NV4500 and NP205. I will probably be turning this truck into an offroad truck to do some crawling and climbing.

I'm looking for suggestions on performance increases and vendors who carry parts for these trucks. Also I want to keep the smoke to a minimum but am looking for a nice increase in umph!

Start by tinkering with the pump, there are a lot of threads on it, but a lot of people seem to like this one....

http://dodgeram.org/tech/dsl/more_power/Power_ve.htm

if you truck is non-intercooled you should have big injectors and see a decent power gain....even with an i/c model you'll see more power, just not as much. Messing with the smoke screw and afc should keep the smoke down.

Yea my truck is not intercooled and really there is no need for it in a trail truck. I'll use the power in short bursts to climb a hill or something but I sure want it there when I need it.

That is some great tech on the pump. After reading that I take it that I wont need any bigger injectors to make a considerable increase or am i reading that wrong? The truck has a slighty haze on a cold start so I was thinking that it was probably due for a fresh set of injectors.

Who makes a good exhaust and intake setup for these trucks? Will a 4" DP fit?

Yea a 4inch downpipe will fit...are you sure it's a NV4500? If so, than it's not stock in the truck, stock they came with a G360, no biggie. They'll both do just as well on the trail.

an intercooler will help... it's not necessary, but it will still help, even in short bursts

If you need an HX35, I've got a couple at the house :)

the NV4500 was just swapped into the truck about a year ago

Is the HX35 a good fit for what i'll be doing with the truck?

i have a HX35 off my '01 does any one make an adapter to accept the 1st gen DP? Is this a good up grade for towing?

I've turned my fuel screw up to the stop collar and my idle is high, and wont come down. What can be done?

Are they a big improvement for towing? The truck will probably have a few thousand pounds of tools in it plus my '01 truck,and the trailer behind it.

Back